2 of a kind

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Luci Lady calf (Born 3/3/08) out of SHF Nashville 634E, and FGR Sachi Hudson
Lotti_Luci.jpg

I'm guessing that's a her first calf, and I'd say she's got plenty of growth as such! Functional cattle there, as we both know from experience. The Nashville bull is very impressive to look at himself, but I prefer the JMS "Kentucky," and the old Hudson bull,(who is obviously the sire of the cow by the name). The jury is still out on the new Star Lake Boulder bull she has at Flying G. One of my bull customers bought 4 bred heifers from Flying G, two of which are sisters of the cow pictured. Three of the four were bred to the new Boulder bull. Two of those have calved, as well as the one bred to "Pete" as they call Nashville. All were small calves unassisted, but the Boulder calves were only about 50 pounds, but very vigorous and blocky built. The other calf out of Nashville was about 70#.

The calves on their commercial herd out of the bull they bought from me are averaging about 70#. He's sired by a brother of your cow. They are buying another bull from me now, deliberately choosing one that had a larger BW, and more growth and muscle. They want to boost the BW on the older cows. But here I am stealing the thread. :help:

greenwillowhereford II":3jdns6ek said:
I'm guessing that's a her first calf, and I'd say she's got plenty of growth as such! Functional cattle there, as we both know from experience. The Nashville bull is very impressive to look at himself, but I prefer the JMS "Kentucky," and the old Hudson bull,(who is obviously the sire of the cow by the name).

Yep, that is her first calf, and she calved with no problems at all. Great momma, and I am sure proud of that heifer. I also have a cow that is out of "Kentucky", and she sure raised a fine bull calf, which I have already sold.

TNMasterBeefProducer":1rbggger said:
I thought you raised limos and not herfs. What gives?

I raise Limo crosses mainly. I had visited the Flying G ranch back about a year ago, to look at the Spradling's place and a few of their heifers. While I was there, I just bought a couple of ones my wife picked out. (she is the one who loves herefords) I am mainly partial to Limousin and Red Angus. Although I must say, that those herefords sure are fine animals!!

Limomike":2qbbek6q said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":2qbbek6q said:

I raise Limo crosses mainly. I had visited the Flying G ranch back about a year ago, to look at the Spradling's place and a few of their heifers. While I was there, I just bought a couple of ones my wife picked out. (she is the one who loves herefords) I am mainly partial to Limousin and Red Angus. Although I must say, that those herefords sure are fine animals!!

We'll soon start calling you Herefordmike ;-)

Nice heifer calf

Limomike":ed8d9spl said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":ed8d9spl said:

Now you just need one of my Red Poll bulls to cross with all those other breeds :D

TNMasterBeefProducer":16revx65 said:
Hey

herefordmike will you be breeding them herfs to limo bulls?

That cow in the picture has already been bred to a Limo bull. The heifer..not sure what I will do with her yet.
I have one other hereford heifer that is also bred to a Limo bull. I want to see the cross on that.

exactly..not that it bothers me that much. Until I get me a black homo bull, (which hopefully will soon) I will still get those reds once in a while.

I could show you some dandy old Hereford Limo cross cows that are in their teens and still going. I think you'll like them, Mike. They raise big calves and last.

Latest posts