2 month old calf slow today

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Booger the steer is acting off his game today.laying around a lot. When he gets up he is in no hurry to go anywhere. Moms bag is fuller than I have seen it in a few weeks. His head and ears are up, no heavy breathing, clear eyes, no poop on his tail. Only thing differents is the weather really warmed up the last day or so, and I put out some hay to give the grass a chance to catch back up. It was a bright clear night last night some I'm wondering if he is just tired from being up all night.
Besides keeping an eye on him.....what do you all think? Full belly and tired? I've been at work all day, but haven't seen him eat of mom in the last 2 hrs

Take his temperature. That's the only true way to see if he is sick. 102.5 or higher we treat.

No fever, and he is eating on mom. He had a bit of a snotty nose this morning, but that has gone away. He seems like he may be a little more active but not where he was. Probably just a little cold or something. Either that or he is just trying to adjust to these warm temps.