Banding a Almost 6 month old

Help Support CattleToday:

I broke the calf catcher I had like that over a cow's head. We got some 1/2 inch aluminum rod and made a couple 7 foot long ones. They can be straightened many times…. 😂
Reading this thread and the OP's many others has me shaking my head. I am 62 now and tagged, intra nasal vaxxed, gave a Toltrazuril capsule and banded the bulls on 750 cows this spring. It takes less than a minute per calf.
If you have never done it before, and not born and raised in farming, being over careful for the first one by yourself is preferable to going in like gang busters and screwing up. Each has their own way, and over careful in the beginning is still better than doing it wrong... Since my bad accident in 1989, I have some memory problems... and I know my son gets royally ticked off with me sometimes, he is not very patient with things that he figures should be second nature, but there are some things that do not always come on like second nature to me now..... so I have to ask, or what I think, is not what he thinks I should do by automatic pilot... I have to ask him how to start some of the tractors sometimes that I don't drive very often, because I will get on them and draw a blank. That is why familiar and constant routine work better for me now. and if it is something I don't normally do, I will be a PITA asking a dozen times til I get it straight in my mind how to do some things that are very simple... yes, some may be getting older thing, but it has been pronounced since the accident in 1989....
Don't laugh, but I have a "cheat sheet" for a couple of the tractors so I don't have to call him and ask him how to start them or where the pto lever is ..... we have so many and all are different kinds.....
You would not want me to work with you @gcreekrch ... I am way too slow....