16 year old daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
peg4x4":1ex4q6gi said:
You are right, it's a crap shoot..Oldest daughter is a drug addict,on the streets in Or. If I told her something was wrong to do,she couldn't run fast enough to do it..Son, if he was with his friends,and they were going to do something wrong,if he couldn't talk them out of it,he'd walk off..Youngest daughter thought 1st daughter hung the moon and stars,but even she couldn'd take what 1 was into.. Now youngest has lymphoma,son can't be bone marrow donor don't match enough,1st daughter doesn't have time to be tested,drugs are too important.....I can't be donor even if did match,as had breast cancer 3 years ago(and all it'd take is for one cell to get loose in her body and take over)....All you can do is the best you can do, and hope and pray for the best..
Sorry to hear that. We only have so long to do all we can then after that it is up to them and all we can do is pray.

Hope you find a donor soon.

peg4x4":1hjhrxta said:
You are right, it's a crap shoot..Oldest daughter is a drug addict,on the streets in Or. If I told her something was wrong to do,she couldn't run fast enough to do it..Son, if he was with his friends,and they were going to do something wrong,if he couldn't talk them out of it,he'd walk off..Youngest daughter thought 1st daughter hung the moon and stars,but even she couldn'd take what 1 was into.. Now youngest has lymphoma,son can't be bone marrow donor don't match enough,1st daughter doesn't have time to be tested,drugs are too important.....I can't be donor even if did match,as had breast cancer 3 years ago(and all it'd take is for one cell to get loose in her body and take over)....All you can do is the best you can do, and hope and pray for the best..

so sorry to hear about your Daughter, I hope she finds a donor soon, but even if your 1st daughter did go for tests wouldn't there be to much of that s**t in her body to help? I feel your pain as I lost my eldest Son to Lymphoma 11 years ago, was diagnosed to late to have any donations. hope you are all clear now as well. Good Luck and God Bless......Chris

chrisy":16ihdhh4 said:
peg4x4":16ihdhh4 said:
Thanks dau2 is at/in/with M.D.Anderson in Houston..best in the world.

so sorry to hear about your Daughter, I hope she finds a donor soon, but even if your 1st daughter did go for tests wouldn't there be to much of that s**t in her body to help? I feel your pain as I lost my eldest Son to Lymphoma 11 years ago, was diagnosed to late to have any donations. hope you are all clear now as well. Good Luck and God Bless......Chris

peg4x4":3g857ahc said:

Wow......thanks for bailing me outta my weekly pity-party!!! :( :( :( Know that my prayers are with you and your entire family right now!!! I will pray for you (for strength to get through this time), for oldest child (sounds like a truly lost soul and in need of divine intervention) and for you youngest (may the angels be with her and bring back her health!!)...prayers also for your son, as an illness like this (combined with big sis's drug use) takes a huge toll on the whole family!! Know that we are ALL here for you!!!

kris

Hippie Rancher":zzajzzca said:
I could be wrong, but doesn't the bible also say "judge not lest ye be judged"?

Yes, it does. It also says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Tod Dague":icgu3aes said:
Hippie Rancher":icgu3aes said:
I have seen plenty of thugs and idiots dressed in business clothes, western clothes, uniforms - work, cop and military, clergy costumes and so forth.

Clothes may form a first impression, true, but the person inside may indeed surprise you. I keep an open mind.

Most popular pictues of Jesus have him looking like a hippie in a dress - or a diaper. Just sayin'.

And in my book Jesus Christ can wear anything he wants.

Yes, He can - but you're speaking of hindsight. What if Jesus was alive and walking the earth today - except you didn't know who He was - would you still be so forgiving? I don't think so.

msscamp":3k8pvxro said:
Tod Dague":3k8pvxro said:
Hippie Rancher":3k8pvxro said:
I have seen plenty of thugs and idiots dressed in business clothes, western clothes, uniforms - work, cop and military, clergy costumes and so forth.

Clothes may form a first impression, true, but the person inside may indeed surprise you. I keep an open mind.

Most popular pictues of Jesus have him looking like a hippie in a dress - or a diaper. Just sayin'.

And in my book Jesus Christ can wear anything he wants.

Yes, He can - but you're speaking of hindsight. What if Jesus was alive and walking the earth today - except you didn't know who He was - would you still be so forgiving? I don't think so.

Ok I said I would stop the preaching, but we got implications that Jesus might not be dressed nice or look like some of these freaky kids, even to the point of saying he looked like a Hippie.

The portrayal of Jesus in pictures is so off the mark and so Shameful.

When Jesus died the guards cast lots (basically flipping a coin) to see who got his clothes. Even his undergarments. Do you think this was because they thought they could sell them on ebay? Or they wanted a souvenir? They did it because his clothes were of the up most quality. Times were hard and that nice of clothes had value. Jesus did not dress like a slob, scripture and common sense would tell us he was a well dressed, respectable looking person for his time. (John 19:23-25)

And then

In 1 Timothy 2:9 there is counsel given for how the women should be dressed. "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes"

Jesus was not a hippie slob! Much like a business man would not be able to do his job if he was dirty and dis-shuffled in his appearance, neither would Jesus be able to do his Job if he was some Hippie looking slob, He would not have disrespected his Holy Father in this way. He would have been neat and presentable. And dressed appropriately for his environment and time in history.[/i]

"I could be wrong, but doesn't the bible also say "judge not lest ye be judged"? "

Who is judging who in the statement below?

"Yes, He can - but you're speaking of hindsight. What if Jesus was alive and walking the earth today - except you didn't know who He was - would you still be so forgiving? I don't think so."

Do you really think that Jesus would wear his pants 10 sizes to big, his underwear showing, hat turned sideways, multiple tattoos, and piercings all over the place?

Do you think people who do dress like that represent Christ in the best light?

I personally don't picture him in a three piece suit or cowboy hat either, but more as a common man able to be readily related to by everybody. As he did when he was here 2000 years ago.

I am sure that there are some perfectly fine people that dress like thugs or idiots, and I know that there are people who dressed like that and turned out to be fine people. To me the people who dress like that have some sort of need to be a focal point of attention. That tells me that they are lacking in maturity and have no business dating one of my dtrs.

It is up to me to as the parent to set boundaries as to what is acceptable behavior and dress, and to let my children socialize with those who are counter to that only weakens my ability to instill my values. Notice I said socialize with not minister to.

I only have so many years to develop my children into responsible God fearing adults, and I plan to use every one I have to the fullest, after that they are on their own to do as they will.

"Yes, it does. It also says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"."

What stone have I cast? I haven't condemed them to anything, all I said is that I don't want them dating my dtrs.

Tod Dague":27w3nwog said:
Do you really think that Jesus would wear his pants 10 sizes to big, his underwear showing, hat turned sideways, multiple tattoos, and piercings all over the place?

I am with you on this Dague.

Space suits weren't even invented back then. Heck, space ships weren't even invented either.

I wouldn't wear a tux on a the beach while trying a surfboard.

we don't know what sort of clothes Jesus wore, but looking at the way people dressed in those day, in that part of the world it would have been white or coloured robes, with a head scarf, and sandals he also would have worn a nappy (diper) type of undergarments not dissimular to the Indian men, and not any different to the way the Arabs dress today. also the paintings show him as a white man, not from those parts, he would have had a colour to his skin. I know most people don't want to think of him like that but unfortunatly that's how it is.

and who's to say he would not come back and dress unconventional as he was here to save our souls, and those of us that have grown up and out of that phase, and those that were never in it, do we need saving, as much as the ones who are off of the rails, he would need to fit into their world so that he would be accepted and then he could encourage them to change, as he could/would change with them. and bring them into God faring people.

ranchwife":2hfx2iz1 said:
peg4x4":2hfx2iz1 said:
Thanks...2nt daughter is married,and the guy is sticking!...He is right by her side thro all of this crap..They were haveing trouble before this came along,so I had very little faith in him,but I'm so very glad to be proven wrong....He even cut a fishing trip short cause she called him and said she was scared.came right home! Was out in the Gulf and turned right around..Wow...

Wow......thanks for bailing me outta my weekly pity-party!!! :( :( :( Know that my prayers are with you and your entire family right now!!! I will pray for you (for strength to get through this time), for oldest child (sounds like a truly lost soul and in need of divine intervention) and for you youngest (may the angels be with her and bring back her health!!)...prayers also for your son, as an illness like this (combined with big sis's drug use) takes a huge toll on the whole family!! Know that we are ALL here for you!!!

kris

Why do you have to bring this subject up. I have two daughters and two boys... Ages 6,5,4,2... Just hope the boys beat the hell out of anyone that messes with their sisters, and hope their sisters become nuns........

I really don't know what happened to dau1...she went to bed one night,woke up next morning(seemed like), 6'2 with her figgure and an attitude I couldn't deal with..People I've talked to say sounds like skitzophrenia(sp) Entirely possiable,but I'd never even heard of that,and the school was no help.Or they phoned and got my Mom,who had Parkinsons,and just never mentioned it too me..(I was working,trying to keep the wolf out of the house)and somehow any notes went missing..Hug your kids tight,and love them lots,you never know what may pop out of the woods tomorrow.. I should say my kids are 35 34,33..

I wouldn't dare to presume what the man might wear. That was my point.

Where do you get the idea he would show up dressed however YOU consider is respectable ...here in the US? What if he shows up back in the homeland? What if he shows up in the middle of the African Congo? Antarctica? You really have the inside track? Wow, must be nice to be so certain about folks by the way they dress. Are you the same about skin color?

Hippie Rancher":3pjtdtqh said:

Where do you get the idea he would show up dressed however YOU consider is respectable ...here in the US? What if he shows up back in the homeland? What if he shows up in the middle of the African Congo? Antarctica? You really have the inside track? Wow, must be nice to be so certain about folks by the way they dress. Are you the same about skin color?
What does skin color have to do with anything. You sure do like to take things to the lowest denominator. You don't choose your skin color you do chose what you wear, and what you wear says a lot about you. It doesn't matter where he shows up or what his skin color is I just don't believe he will look like a thug. If you want to think Jesus may possibly be dressed as a thug feel free.
You have your right to your beliefs and I have a right yo mine. Why is it that you feel that every one needs to think like you.

Tod Dague":3uwf998b said:
Hippie Rancher":3uwf998b said:

What does skin color have to do with anything. You sure do like to take things to the lowest denominator. You don't choose your skin color you do chose what you wear, and what you wear says alot about you. If you want to think Jesus may posibly be dressed as a thug feel free. You have your right to your belifes and I have a right yo mine. Why is it that you feel that every one needs to think like you.

Well Tod we know he was a carpenter and most likely dressed as the carpenters of the day.
As to lower life forms I have yet to see one of those gothic people(if that is what they are) or the guy with his pants ten time's to big work. Thought I read somewhere to cast off the tree that didn't bear fruit.

Umm, where did I tell anybody how to think?

I will repeat: I wouldn't presume anything about clothing worn by anybody.

My question about skin color had to do with judging people. I wondered if since you were so positive in your judgement of people who dress differently than you, did that apply to skin color as well.

Glad to hear it doesn't. I have seen some instances of racism on this forum.

Hippie Rancher":3fau4eaz said:
My question about skin color had to do with judging people. I wondered if since you were so positive in your judgement of people who dress differently than you, did that apply to skin color as well.
See we are not so different after all. I figure that people who dress like thugs or idiots may very well be idiots or thugs, and you think people who think like me may be racist.

Well I've enjoyed our chat but I figure we will just have to disagree. I will no longer partaking this particular chat so feel free to have the last word. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts