16 year old daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tod Dague":2yyrm33o said:
It's not about judging but profiling.

That is the word I was looking for! Knew there was a better word than Judging or evaluating.

Tod Dague":2yyrm33o said:
How does that change anything that we have said. Once you have remove the obvious misfits form the equation you can focus your attention on weeding out the well dress snakes. 8)

Great Point! :clap:

I know not all kids that dress freaky will turn out bad, I know that not all kids that are rebellious will turn out bad, I know not kids the start using drugs and alcohol will turn out bad. But they sure got a heck of a big head start on the rest of the kids

We have had two incidents that rocked our small community in last year. One was a group of teens playing with a gun on school property (after school in the evening) gun went off accidentally and one was killed. All the kids in the circle looking at the gun were Dressed like freaks.

Other one most of you probably heard of with the Riverton Kansas Kids that were caught talking on Myspace.com about bringing guns to school and killing everyone. And yes they were the weird kids, freaky dressed, black nails, purple hair. social outcast.

Problem is today it is not as simple as being rebellious like past generations, then kids smoked, drink-ed, fast cars, listened to Elvis, Beatles etc.....It was about having fun!

Today there is a third group of kids, the are about Hate, They rebel towards evil things, they plot to kill. They do Meth, and worship men that have murdered and committed suicide.

I think years ago some kids were rebellious because of the rules and regulations parents gave them.

Today I think some kids are taking it to a whole other level because their parents don't show them rules and regulate them.

I do not want to take the chance on my kids being the Prodigal Son

aplusmnt":29ax1y9c said:
I do not want to take the chance on my kids being the Prodigal Son

There's a lot to be said for the good that a prodigal son can accomplish when/if he/she gets over the anal/cranial inversion stage

dun

Well said Tod :clap: :clap:
That crap ain't flying on my place, you will abide by my rules under my roof. Now I couldn't control what they did when they got grown and left. Funny I was thought to be the meanest SOB till they got grown now I wasn't so bad. Youngest is 26 and everyone of them still are yes sir and mam.
You get out of kids what you put in them.
Not that you can't have a rebel you just have to decide you are not there friend but there Dad and make these acts costlier than they want to pay..[/quote]

You're right on about that Caustic!

That goes towards almost everything you do in this life also. Your family, job, school, sports your farm / ranch/ livestock, the more you put into those things you get more out of them.

Being a parent is "job #1" in this life, or as my grandfather used to say. " You don't pay for your rasing until you raise some of your own."

;-)

Last one. (I hope)

Tod Dague wrote:

How does that change anything that we have said. Once you have remove the obvious misfits form the equation you can focus your attention on weeding out the well dress snakes. Cool

What if Jesus is one of the misfits? I mean he was wasn't he?

Hippie Rancher":10v1iax4 said:
Most popular pictues of Jesus have him looking like a hippie in a dress - or a diaper. Just sayin'.

Have to remember that those are artist representations. I'm thinking that since Jesus was perfect he probably looked better than represented.

Chris

Hippie Rancher":1aoefr0g said:
Last one. (I hope)

Tod Dague wrote:

How does that change anything that we have said. Once you have remove the obvious misfits form the equation you can focus your attention on weeding out the well dress snakes. Cool

What if Jesus is one of the misfits? I mean he was wasn't he?
:lol: The only thing that made him a misfit was that he was better than all of the rest of us. I encourage my kids to walk with him everyday.

Tod Dague":tptyxf9w said:
:lol: The only thing that made him a misfit was that he was better than all of the rest of us. I encourage my kids to walk with him everyday.

Amen

I have some ink but no piercings. Thank GOD I do not have any daughters. Also I think no politics ought2 extend 2 no religion. People will always disagree about them both. Now back to the cows..........

C & C wrote
Thank GOD I do not have any daughters. Also I think no politics ought2 extend 2 no religion. People will always disagree about them both. Now back to the cows..........

especially this part:
People will always disagree about them both. Now back to the cows.........

:lol: :lol: Angus or Longhorns? Pets or livestock? :lol: :lol:

DO NOT judge a man by his clothes alone, is something I think I read once, and 'Clothes don't maketh a man' is another one. I find to strick and they rebel more, and to much rope and they hang themselves. there is a happy medium you just have to try to find it. being a parent is not easy, especially in this world we live in today. with all the outside influances, not just people but games, films, etc. but I found it to be Mother first then friend, and my children can talk to me about anything. even my 17 year old son does now, as I said before we nearly lost him to a bad crowd, but determination in never giving up on him as our part as parents, and a major tragedy bought him to his sences. and most children when they grow up change and realize what idiots they were, mainly when they have children of their own. and then you look and think Oh! my I sound like my Mother, or Father. just what you were rebelling against in the first place. what goes around comes around.

ffscj":34xyuoby said:
Hippie Rancher":34xyuoby said:
Most popular pictues of Jesus have him looking like a hippie in a dress - or a diaper. Just sayin'.

Have to remember that those are artist representations. I'm thinking that since Jesus was perfect he probably looked better than represented.

Chris

Yea there is not to many photos of Jesus out there, I am sure they would look a lot different than the artist represent him. For one thing Jesus was a Jew he would probably have had a lot more darker skin and different hair than most of the painting I see. So We know for sure he looks nothing like today's artist impression of him.

whooo I sure open up the can on this one I was just venting about the boy friend--Really not that important to me showing as how a very low percentage of us are with our first girlfriend or boy friend-I would like to say that on the whole I think kids are a lot better than my generation was. If the boyfriend turns out to be no good she'll figure it out If hes lazy she'll put that together to. Both my daughters are workers I never allowed them to say no to a paying job.So they seem to know that this is almost sinful The 16 year old has worked on a bee farm for 2 summers now--pretty hard work and this year she was put in charge of night shift -So i dont really have a lot to complain about.You know my wife is a member of the R.C.M.P. (police) and she tells me time after time she stops kids on friday and saturday night The car is full of drunk kids --but the driver is sober (designated driver) If she finds people impaired their generally my age--And Were not hearing of those car loads of kids being killed anymore .Now in all honesty I wasnt nearlly as sensible or responsible as my kids are. Another thing I notice about my kids friends they look you in the eye when their talking to you( now this could have a lot to do with education)because in some of these little prairie towns we have small schools (350 kindergarden to grade 12) and some dedicated teachers And another thing I notice is that those kids can stand in front of 500 people and speak with the greatest of ease No way could I have done that back then ; And im not real comfortable doing it now.OH and one other thing I told my kids years ago people dont generally give you a compliment if they dont mean it So if someone gives them a compliment they will say "thank you" instead of trying to deny it

I HAVE TO GO TO WORK THIS COMPUTOR IS BECOMEING ADDICTIVE ---HAVE A REALLY GOOD DAY

CARL

Tod Dague":2lxzmmjb said:
I'm just not ready for little Johnnie to show up at my door.

When that time comes how 'bout a banding demonstration? I got a pair of berdizzos if you want to go that route. Or maybe a knife would make the best impression.

Carlos D.":2odn9pne said:
You know my wife is a member of the R.C.M.P. (police)

You got the perfect oppurtunity just make sure every time he picks up your daughter your wife is in uniform cleaning her gun ;-) :lol:

I always figured the first time I met my daughters future boyfriend would be to invite him quail hunting. And when a flock of birds flew away and I swung my gun with the birds he would find himself looking down a double barrel 12 gauge, and my reply would be now see how easy it is to get rid of you and make it look like an accident? Better do right by my daughter!

Just afraid if he is some freaky looking kid I might have hard time keeping finger off the trigger :lol:

always figured the first time I met my daughters future boyfriend would be to invite him quail hunting. And when a flock of birds flew away and I swung my gun with the birds he would find himself looking down a double barrel 12 gauge, and my reply would be now see how easy it is to get rid of you and make it look like an accident?

Heh and if you have the right connections you can even have few beers (or more) and put off any local investigation until morning when you have all sobered up er got your stories straight er I mean when when it's more convenient for them.

Hippie Rancher":m9brurta said:
always figured the first time I met my daughters future boyfriend would be to invite him quail hunting. And when a flock of birds flew away and I swung my gun with the birds he would find himself looking down a double barrel 12 gauge, and my reply would be now see how easy it is to get rid of you and make it look like an accident?

Heh and if you have the right connections you can even have few beers (or more) and put off any local investigation until morning when you have all sobered up er got your stories straight er I mean when when it's more convenient for them.

You know I meant to add a joke at the end that since Dick Chenney's incident it might carry a little more weight with the kid.

But by the time my daughter gets to date (shes 10) kids probably wont remember his accident.

You are right, it's a crap shoot..Oldest daughter is a drug addict,on the streets in Or. If I told her something was wrong to do,she couldn't run fast enough to do it..Son, if he was with his friends,and they were going to do something wrong,if he couldn't talk them out of it,he'd walk off..Youngest daughter thought 1st daughter hung the moon and stars,but even she couldn'd take what 1 was into.. Now youngest has lymphoma,son can't be bone marrow donor don't match enough,1st daughter doesn't have time to be tested,drugs are too important.....I can't be donor even if did match,as had breast cancer 3 years ago(and all it'd take is for one cell to get loose in her body and take over)....All you can do is the best you can do, and hope and pray for the best..

So sorry to read of both your daughters. I have a "lost" sister, (mostly alcohol but maybe meth too - I have one of her kids, "his" sister has the other - hope she has damaged herself enough to be sterile, but I doubt it) I know the anger and bitterness addiction can cause. I wish you the best and hope this works out to a happier ending.

milesvb":13xw9p2j said:
Tod Dague":13xw9p2j said:
I'm just not ready for little Johnnie to show up at my door.

When that time comes how 'bout a banding demonstration? I got a pair of berdizzos if you want to go that route. Or maybe a knife would make the best impression.
:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts