16 year old daughter

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos D.

Reaction score
We raised two daughters on this place the yougest (just turned 16 ) was my outside ,help knew every cow , their mother-- the whole family tree ;could ride a horse, like most people could only dream of .
the other daughter was more inclined to stay inside But when she was 14 if company came along close to meal time they were invited to sit down and she could pull it off.(her mother worked shift work and was often not here at meal times)
Well the youngest (16) has recently discovered boys (kind of a late bloomer in that departement)---her girl friends were going nuts over boys 2 years ago Anyway Morgan is tall ,tanned and and a pretty beautiful girl and both my daughters are strong women character wise; but the youngest could wup any boy in the school "she is tough"
Well she has a boy friend now! LORD HELP ME he is the scrawnyest lookin thing, his father spent last winter in a mental heaith center -- his aunt took the gold fish to the vet his brother has fetal alcohole syndrom, his mother is as crazy as a bag of claw hammers
So they said this will pass dont worry --so Ok he informed me that he was getting a lip ring-I said you cant come around here with that stuck in your lip------then I thought about it --mmmm told him I didn't care get 6 of them if you want--(they may draw lightening) So he had a summer job I think his boss took one look at that thing and run him off ---Intolerance is alive and well around here. FURTHER TO RINGS AND TATTOOS when my girls started talking about tattoos I told them go ahead just remember that that cute little rose you put on your boob now ---when your 40 and had 4 kids and their hanging down to your navel will look like an upside down manitoba maple tree ---they seem to get a mental picture of it because I never heard tattoos mentioned again
Mabey we made this kid too strong mabey shes drawn to people who need to be looked after.

carl

Carlos D.":251qyytd said:
Mabey we made this kid too strong mabey shes drawn to people who need to be looked after.

carl

Maybe she's just a teenager!

dun

Rule one the prettier the daughter the uglier the boy with lower earning potential in life she drags home.
Rule 2 if you hate him she loves him.
Rule 3 your daughter is a woman/teenage cross right now and you are never going to understand what she is thinking or if she is.

Man am I glad that stage of life is long gone, if there is just one hanging around be thankful easier to keep an eye on. :lol: You think.

And remember bulls will be bulls and boys will be boys.

LOL!!!

I dont think that parents are gonna hafta worry about me, and Im nothing like ^^. lol. Same age though, but last time I saw someone with earrings in their noggin, I whispered to my lil brother (11 and he follows me everywhere) that I wish I had a pair of needlenose pliers and I was sittin on him... ten pull em out one by one. Well then he got to thinkin and said dont do that, stick em on a flagpole! He is quite the charactor. lol. My cousin got a tattoo.. looks ridiculous, but differen t stokes for different folks... I prefer the scars that tell stories of good and bad times, but some don't. lol.

Tie a lead rope to his nose ring.... then you see who's laughing. lol.

You have to teach your girls young. By the time they leave the tomboy stage, you can't tell them anything. You can worry and worry but it doesn't do a bit of good. All you can do is hope the ethics you taught them come back to them. And they will.

Being a grandaddy is much better than being a daddy.

Oh Yeah. I should mention that both daughters have black belts and it is not in the American version but rather the Korean version of Tae Kwon Do. All of us in the immediate family are black belts. Two of us are gold medalists at the national level.

Baby girl got jumped by a gal twice her size. She closed both of her eyes. Eldest daughter saw that gal and couldn't help but burst out laughing. She said, "Dad, she had on 10 coats of make-up and still looked awful."

Those girls will grow up. You can't be there 24/7 so teach them young.

Wish I had never read the post. I have two young girls and can wait for them to grow up. I'm just not ready for little Johnnie to show up at my door.

Tod Dague":2ksaccou said:
Wish I had never read the post. I have two young girls and can wait for them to grow up. I'm just not ready for little Johnnie to show up at my door.

Tod the good part about girls is you have no idea what is going on between the ears, with boys you know what they are thinking.
Ignorance can be bliss.

Caustic Burno":7pe3ye6n said:
Tod Dague":7pe3ye6n said:

Tod the good part about girls is you have no idea what is going on between the ears, with boys you know what they are thinking.
Ignorance can be bliss.
Exactly! I know exactly what little Johnny is thinking. :shock:

Tod Dague":rx8o434o said:
you know what tod ---I just told you about a little about a little rough spot." But I would not change a single memory"And im sure in time he will be just another one: Memory that! is.I still remember things like when she was three catching a full grown goose and yelling to her sister I got one Robyn .I got one Mabey teen age years ; are gods way of us prepareing for when they leave home.
but you know ( now that Ive had time to reflect--I probably wasn't that much different than this boy I had to leave home when I was 16 and go to the University of H.K.---(hard knocks)
so we'll see what will happens
carl

No worries Carlos. During those high school years, they go through them faster than a pair of shoes. It's all part of learning. They gotta know what the extremes are and then pick somewhere in the middle.

Gotta agree with CB glad those teenage years are long gone. But man now we're in the menapause years. Don't know which is worse :D

Just married my last daughter off last year, she didn't do bad, hard working nice young man.

But some of the ones she drug in here before him about put me in my grave. But the worst was the one I called the "Gigolo". He was of Italian decent which was no problem, but he wore bright colored slacks and shirts everytime I saw him. looked like he was always headed for the golf course.

MY wife tried to keep me cool, said it would all work out. My daughter worked earned her own money, bought him a cell phone, helped him buy a car, and helped put him through college.

As soon as he was through school he was done with her. I hated to say "I told you so" so I didn't. But she learned a lifes lesson. Knew what to look for next time. 8) 8)

Carlos D.":ziiiab3v said:
We raised two daughters on this place the yougest (just turned 16 ) was my outside ,help knew every cow , their mother-- the whole family tree ;could ride a horse, like most people could only dream of .
the other daughter was more inclined to stay inside But when she was 14 if company came along close to meal time they were invited to sit down and she could pull it off.(her mother worked shift work and was often not here at meal times)
Well the youngest (16) has recently discovered boys (kind of a late bloomer in that departement)---her girl friends were going nuts over boys 2 years ago Anyway Morgan is tall ,tanned and and a pretty beautiful girl and both my daughters are strong women character wise; but the youngest could wup any boy in the school "she is tough"
Well she has a boy friend now! LORD HELP ME he is the scrawnyest lookin thing, his father spent last winter in a mental heaith center -- his aunt took the gold fish to the vet his brother has fetal alcohole syndrom, his mother is as crazy as a bag of claw hammers
So they said this will pass dont worry --so Ok he informed me that he was getting a lip ring-I said you cant come around here with that stuck in your lip------then I thought about it --mmmm told him I didn't care get 6 of them if you want--(they may draw lightening) So he had a summer job I think his boss took one look at that thing and run him off ---Intolerance is alive and well around here. FURTHER TO RINGS AND TATTOOS when my girls started talking about tattoos I told them go ahead just remember that that cute little rose you put on your boob now ---when your 40 and had 4 kids and their hanging down to your navel will look like an upside down manitoba maple tree ---they seem to get a mental picture of it because I never heard tattoos mentioned again

carl
Maybe she sees that you don't like the guy, makes her like him even more..rebellion I think it is called.

GMN

Got a daughter like that...drawn like a magnet to the worse ar$e bag in the room. Adult woman now but still a bit on the wild side.
I'd keep an eye on her, that is something that will only go down hill as time passes if her perspective doesn't change.
My sympathy is with you...you've got a long row to hoe my firend. I'd keep her on short lead until her idea of Mr right changes.
Just my two bits worth....Dmc

TO RINGS AND TATTOOS when my girls started talking about tattoos I told them go ahead just remember that that cute little rose you put on your boob now ---when your 40 and had 4 kids and their hanging down to your navel will look like an upside down manitoba maple tree ---they seem to get a mental picture of it because I never heard tattoos mentioned again

I dated a woman once who had a son with more tattoos than IQ points. No measurable skills other than dealing drugs. It will be interesting to see how those tattoos change as their bodies change. Half my daughter's high school class had tattoos. She doesn't, praise the Lord. Or at least I haven't seen them.

I've really tried to get over my aversion to tattoos and piercings. With minimal success. If you've got 6 hoops in your lip, you're working at the mini mart, likely.

My generation grew the long hair, but when you needed a real job all it took was a trip to the barber. If you've got a lot of visible tattoos, you better be really talented.

lol i dont know the point of earings or pericings especially in a guy i know atlot of guys who got there nipples periced cant really play anny contact sports

Carlos been there done that, have two daughters, both been married a year now, 6 months between the two weddings. They both have great Husbands, but they did bring home some drop kicks first, all part and parcel of growing up, as long as they keep a straight head they will be fine.

john250":9axrdsa6 said:
TO RINGS AND TATTOOS when my girls started talking about tattoos I told them go ahead just remember that that cute little rose you put on your boob now ---when your 40 and had 4 kids and their hanging down to your navel will look like an upside down manitoba maple tree ---they seem to get a mental picture of it because I never heard tattoos mentioned again

I dated a woman once who had a son with more tattoos than IQ points. No measurable skills other than dealing drugs. It will be interesting to see how those tattoos change as their bodies change. Half my daughter's high school class had tattoos. She doesn't, praise the Lord. Or at least I haven't seen them.

I've really tried to get over my aversion to tattoos and piercings. With minimal success. If you've got 6 hoops in your lip, you're working at the mini mart, likely.

My generation grew the long hair, but when you needed a real job all it took was a trip to the barber. If you've got a lot of visible tattoos, you better be really talented.

I agree. Tattoos are forever, unless you pay the big bucks and have them removed. Too bad alot of these young kids don't realize that, instead of submitting to peer pressure, and regretting it later in life.

GMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts