150 years ago

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
150 years ago today Robert E Lee and George Meade met at Gettysburg. Nearly 200,000 men engaged in a battle that lasted three days. Over 47,000 casualties. We remember the names of the generals but there are a lot of brave and honorable men on both sides of the conflict who lie in unmarked graves.

there was some reenactors that went to Gettysburg last week, to bad they have to tote all them weapons, and wear wool uniforms are id been right there with them.. just not in Picketts division

Dave":wi5s2b7a said:
150 years ago today Robert E Lee and George Meade met at Gettysburg. Nearly 200,000 men engaged in a battle that lasted three days. Over 47,000 casualties. We remember the names of the generals but there are a lot of brave and honorable men on both sides of the conflict who lie in unmarked graves.

Almost as many killed in 3 days as in the entire Vietnam War.

TexasBred":d2r9811w said:
Dave":d2r9811w said:

Almost as many killed in 3 days as in the entire Vietnam War.

Great Great Grandfather served under Lee for four year's, it has been passed down that his regiment suffered 35% casulaties in that battle.

If Lee had listened to Longstreet the North would have most likely lost the war this week a 150 year's ago.

The Almighty would never have allowed the Confederates to win.

IABeef":1a3baq31 said:

One or two more year's of Yankee president's like the current one and you will be praying that we had.

IMO you will get to choose who you want to fight for on the second go around.

Caustic Burno":2c4t1r71 said:
IABeef":2c4t1r71 said:

One or two more year's of Yankee president's like the current one and you will be praying that we had.

I agree, it's coming again the country is divided bad now and I don't see any way to patch things up. Next time instead of north and south it's going to be the cities against there's of the nation unless cities destroy themselves first.

Commercialfarmer":kgukt1fk said:
Where do the jihadists and the Chinese fit in?
They'll just sit back and laugh as we destroy ourselves. Kind of like they are now

Caustic Burno":1c9tzju9 said:
IABeef":1c9tzju9 said:

WHY FIGHT?!? JUST RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!! :lol: :lol:

IAbeef you can laugh if you want.
IMO there is a bad storm brewing in this country again. There will be no sidelines to stand on when it is fought in your own yard. I fear there wil be no Union when it passes, the line's have been drawn no matter the party the president comes from. This country has divided into to sides and the gap is growing everyday. There is no middle ground between left and right. There has been a huge shift in my lifetime by one party I used to vote for. They now represent everything I am against and stand for. Again IMO Washington has become self serveing and this is driveing the divide farther apart everyday. Sooner or later the very fiber that brought us together in 1776 and ripped in 1861 I fear will be shredded this time.

Another thing to add this time God will be on our side as the other is trying to completely remove him from the country.

I think the media manipulates people in this country very affectively.

Why? "Divide and Conquer" Julius Caesar

So long as the people in this country are divided the powers that want to control can do so.
If we threw out our TV's and then set down and really talked we would find that most people are somewhere in the middle and not that far apart on most topics with small fringes on the far right or left.

Does anyone really think that the powers that control want the people in this country to all think alike and speak in one voice?

During the health control debate politicians from both parties lined their pockets from special interest groups. Debate and high emotions, being able to control people are good for the people in power.

I agree with John Denver "Blow up the TV, throw away your paper, Go to the country, build your home. Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches, try to find Jesus on your own"

Caustic Burno":36oxk2u2 said:
IAbeef you can laugh if you want.
IMO there is a bad storm brewing in this country again. There will be no sidelines to stand on when it is fought in your own yard. I fear there wil be no Union when it passes, the line's have been drawn no matter the party the president comes from. This country has divided into to sides and the gap is growing everyday. There is no middle ground between left and right. There has been a huge shift in my lifetime by one party I used to vote for. They now represent everything I am against and stand for. Again IMO Washington has become self serveing and this is driveing the divide farther apart everyday. Sooner or later the very fiber that brought us together in 1776 and ripped in 1861 I fear will be shredded this time.

Another thing to add this time God will be on our side as the other is trying to completely remove him from the country.
if i find one good man..

Caustic Burno":17rrp16i said:
IABeef":17rrp16i said:

CB don't forget we had LBJ and Jimmy Carter. Both good southern boys that didn't help us either and now we have a mezkin in San Antonio looking to be the next minority prez.

TexasBred":g34rwxf3 said:
Caustic Burno":g34rwxf3 said:
IABeef":g34rwxf3 said:

CB don't forget we had LBJ and Jimmy Carter. Both good southern boys that didn't help us either and now we have a mezkin in San Antonio looking to be the next minority prez.

Both plantation boy's and I voted for neither.
Ole Jimmy wouldn't make a speck on a good politician's butt and wouldn't have stood a snowball chance in heII of getting elected if Nixon hadn't pulled the crap he did. Nixon is a choir boy compared to the current resident.
LBJ was as crooked as a dog's hind leg and came up with modern slavery coined under the phrase the Great Society.

Caustic Burno":3p3roqps said:
Both plantation boy's and I voted for neither.
Ole Jimmy wouldn't make a speck on a good politician's butt and wouldn't have stood a snowball chance in heII of getting elected if Nixon hadn't pulled the crap he did. Nixon is a choir boy compared to the current resident.
LBJ was as crooked as a dog's hind leg and came up with modern slavery coined under the phrase the Great Society.

Couldn't agree more. ;-)

Latest posts