15 month old Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Plenty good.

Can pick on him a little for each of our own individual tastes, but he put the basics together real nicely.

CED, doesn;t bother me.

Breed average Angus, is still calving ease in the big picture.

Maybe not a heifer bull, but if you watch them, I bet you would be fine.

mtnman

Absolutely beautyful bull, that is the kind of animal that makes you proud , let us know about his progeny when you get some calves on the ground.

I looked through the bulls at the local Stud, and most weren't as good as this one. Congratulations!

BA":1j2v5dgt said:
I looked through the bulls at the local Stud, and most weren't as good as this one. Congratulations!
If the studs are close enough to a bull you are interested in, it's always worth a drive to see the bull in person. Some will shock you how good or how sorry they really are.

I'll tell ya Ollie, there were some absolutely terrible bulls there. There were probably 5-10 darn good bulls, and maybe 30 that I wouldn't want to touch and these were for the most part well known bulls. Very sad to see.

Same here. Some are just awful. Huge framed flat made gutless wonders . Little toads that couldn't sire a decent feeder steer. etc.etc....But some are very good bulls.

BA,
I would love to hear who you saw and liked and disliked, being from the Gulf Coast I dont get an opportunity to see the Stud bulls in person. PM if you want to, just give me your opinion. Thanks.

this one is hard to jusge. He has an ass, good top, and has a little flesh to him. I was used to some of the NO ASS AT ALL bulls on here. He has good numbers, good looks and should work in a registered or commercial program. maybe you could sell him to some of the people who have posted some of there herd bulls on here.

Houston,
Mostly commercial Angus cows, bred a couple of black baldies for us and our neighbor, and one registered Angus 2 yr old cow.
Bret,
If you mean how does his calves look the answer will have to wait until at least this time next year. I dont have anything due to him until September. If you are asking about how docile he is, I will tell you every time I have worked, fed or been around him he has never thrown his head or shown one bit of attitude. The only bull I have ever been around that was better was a mature Hereford and only because you could walk up to him and pet him. This bull has a great attitude.

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1ellpa7s said:
What are his epd's? What is his frame score? What is his rea? What is the im %? What is his scrotal circumference? What was his adg?(average daily gain) What was his birthweight in actual pounds? Actual weaning weight? Actual yearling weight? Other than that looks long, has tight sheath and big nuts. Cant really tell if he is a hatchett butt or not but I doubt he is.

you want to know this so you can AI your 3 head of cattle ;-)