1370 Case - Battery box

Help Support CattleToday:

Train

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas for relocating the batteries on this. When I got the tractor it had them on the right side of the frame but I had to remove that so I could put a loader on.

my 970 has them under the floor on the left side -- a box slides out the front

Yes, same with the 1370. I find it a huge pain in the butt anytime I have to access it. You can't slide it out with a loader on, not mine anyhow, and I find the little access door in the cab under the mat much too small.

Would you be able to mount the batterys,like they are on the 90 series case?I got a 2090 with a loader on it,and the batterys are out of the way,but you can access them very easily.

Couldn't find any pictures. Where exactly are they mounted?

The 1370 is already cramped for space. Here is a pic of a 1370 with a loader but the pic is the wrong side from what I wanted to show. Anyway, see the vertical non-moving loader mount bracket near the cab? On the outside of that bracket you can fabricate a bracket to mount two batteries one above the other. The batteries should be located on the side with the starter using the shortest cables that will reach the starter solenoid and engine ground. Do not ground to the FEL.
http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdet ... ID=5791126

Well that's almost a solution. Problem being, you can't take the loader off.

Train

I did not read that you wanted to have the FEL detachable! Just joking.

On the frame rail where the FEL rear adapter mounts I think there are 6 bolts. How many of these bolts support the FEL adapter portion that remains with the tractor when the loader is off? I am guessing the front 4. If that is the case then you need to consider fabricating a bracket to support the batteries using the remaining two holes. With the bracket you need come between the vertical FEL rear bracket and the cab area. I think you can sandwich a bracket to somewhat match the FEL rear vertical support and hold the batteries in the area we discussed initially but allowing the FEL to be detached. : )

We have a 1570 that we made a swing out battery box on the right side. I 'll try to take a pic.

Larry

BaetteryBox062.jpg

BaetteryBox063.jpg

BaetteryBox064.jpg

Took a while, but here is the battery box we put on a 1570 Case. Actually my dad did it, I don't want to take any undue credit.

Larry

Thanks a bunch Larry !!!! That's another one of those things that's just starring a guy in the face but for some reason he can't see it. I think because I've got that long Case battery box stuck in my head. Thanks again, this will be perfect.

Latest posts