What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Got to take my 4-H club to the University for the day. They had a dissected udder that I thought was pretty cool. One of the quarters had mastitis in it. Was pretty cool to see them be so interested in it.

greybeard":1d04y6jt said:
JMJ Farms":1d04y6jt said:
Spotted this down around gaprimes place today. Kinda hard to see but that's a goat on top of the barn. Not quite sure how he got up there. He must be pretty agile because it's a pretty good ways up there!

Them things can climb anything.

Am I the only person that noticed the ladder at the front of the shed?? This looks like a lazy goat to me ! :lol:

mwj":3hnfwuqh said:
greybeard":3hnfwuqh said:
JMJ Farms":3hnfwuqh said:
Spotted this down around gaprimes place today. Kinda hard to see but that's a goat on top of the barn. Not quite sure how he got up there. He must be pretty agile because it's a pretty good ways up there!

Them things can climb anything.

Am I the only person that noticed the ladder at the front of the shed?? This looks like a lazy goat to me ! :lol:

:lol2: Lazy goat for sure. I think that's a tube gate that you're seeing. Angle makes it look like a ladder. I wonder if he's getting on that old truck hood in the left of the picture and then jumping from there. Still a pretty fair leap. Maybe we can get gaprime to scope him out sometime since he's just right down the road.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":225m129u said:
I have NEVER seen anything like that. Are those oil pipelines? If so, is that a public roadway?
Those are Natural gas pipeline sections, that's a wood road for temporary access during construction (ask greybeard about wood roads). I've been working some with a company that does long distance, large diameter horizontal directional boring. Those sections will all be welded together as they get pulled under a river. It's a pretty cool process.

Really neat. But I'm afraid you are hitting some stone walls here in Va. Supposedly some judge just ruled that the pipeline that is going to run through some National forest land was approved illegally and has reversed the ruling so another fight. I don't want the forest "defaced" with all the pipes, and I know that there can be problems. But for pete's sake, we get our "natural resources" to power our vehicles and heat our homes from other areas. If the pipeline makes it faster and easier to transport it over distances, then is it better than running 9 million trucks up and down the road with all their diesel fumes and tire pounding on the highways and all that goes along with it? Yes the pipeline companies need to be dilligent, and yes, they need to be responsible for any spills, leaks, problems. But isn't it in their best interests to do it right and avoid as many of these problems to be profitable for them too? There is going to have to be some balance here.

farmerjan":qmd17im2 said:
Really neat. But I'm afraid you are hitting some stone walls here in Va. Supposedly some judge just ruled that the pipeline that is going to run through some National forest land was approved illegally and has reversed the ruling so another fight. I don't want the forest "defaced" with all the pipes, and I know that there can be problems. But for pete's sake, we get our "natural resources" to power our vehicles and heat our homes from other areas.
I suppose you know what the US and Canadian oil producing states have historically thought about that?
Eastern%2BBastards.jpg

The Eastern seaboard doesn't want the oil & gas?
Fine.
Someone, somewhere else will be happy to buy it.

OwnedByTheCow":349g09gi said:
True Grit Farms":349g09gi said:

Did you get him?
Nope, hopefully someone who will mount him will get lucky and shoot him. I was thinking about you Friday, we brought one of our bulls to the UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Athens for some test. Hope all is going well for you.

greybeard":5qkewzj7 said:
farmerjan":5qkewzj7 said:
Really neat. But I'm afraid you are hitting some stone walls here in Va. Supposedly some judge just ruled that the pipeline that is going to run through some National forest land was approved illegally and has reversed the ruling so another fight. I don't want the forest "defaced" with all the pipes, and I know that there can be problems. But for pete's sake, we get our "natural resources" to power our vehicles and heat our homes from other areas.
I suppose you know what the US and Canadian oil producing states have historically thought about that?
Eastern%2BBastards.jpg

The Eastern seaboard doesn't want the oil & gas?
Fine.
Someone, somewhere else will be happy to buy it.

LOVE THAT BUMPER STICKER !!!!!!!!

They'd have been dead if I ever came home to that...... But who was the DUMBAZZ that left with a fire burning in the fireplace....and all that stuff ready like that?????

Yes I realize it was supposed to be funny....... OMG!!!!!

farmerjan":1bsz0web said:
Really neat. But I'm afraid you are hitting some stone walls here in Va. Supposedly some judge just ruled that the pipeline that is going to run through some National forest land was approved illegally and has reversed the ruling so another fight. I don't want the forest "defaced" with all the pipes, and I know that there can be problems. But for pete's sake, we get our "natural resources" to power our vehicles and heat our homes from other areas. If the pipeline makes it faster and easier to transport it over distances, then is it better than running 9 million trucks up and down the road with all their diesel fumes and tire pounding on the highways and all that goes along with it? Yes the pipeline companies need to be dilligent, and yes, they need to be responsible for any spills, leaks, problems. But isn't it in their best interests to do it right and avoid as many of these problems to be profitable for them too? There is going to have to be some balance here.
You are right Jan, there is some pipeline construction that is being shut down in Virginia, I just talked to a friend of mine that is working on that section. I'm working on a different line that is a little bigger. The guys I'm working with have been on mandatory 7-12's for 8 months. I am pretty confident that all the pipeline work that has been going on is going to help the US of A.
I got a good sunrise and sunset picture today.

ohiosteve":3b5tvqyj said:
farmerjan":3b5tvqyj said:
You are right Jan, there is some pipeline construction that is being shut down in Virginia, I just talked to a friend of mine that is working on that section. I'm working on a different line that is a little bigger. The guys I'm working with have been on mandatory 7-12's for 8 months. I am pretty confident that all the pipeline work that has been going on is going to help the US of A.
I got a good sunrise and sunset picture today.

Very nice.

MAGA

Latest posts