What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Clover planted last week has a nose poking out.

47468767111_51915cf723_h.jpg

And someone was trailing me today. Someone that should be in the pasture, and not the yard.

33592191058_8dd7933357_h.jpg

All that burning makes me smile!!

I spent 2 days cleaning off the flood debris that washed up against a fence that separates my place from my brother's parcel. Flooded 3 times between Christmas and the end of January and just now dried up enough to get in there without bogging down. Lost track of how many times I've done this in the last 10 years, but won't have to worry about it much longer. It's ready to burn now, but the wind is too high and blowing the wrong direction.
(I'd love to know who it is upriver that is throwing all the old tires in the river channel..I find 4-5 on that fence every time the water recedes)

His place looks really nice..........when it doesn't have several feet of river running all over it.
I had just cleaned it off last June..what it looked like then:

Yesterday when I got done raking it & piling:

Dubcharo said:
First calf heifers on peat moss waiting for green grass. Still 2 months...

You consistently have some of the nicest calfs and cattle on this site. Always look forward to viewing your pics.

Rode with my sister to take our older sister in today. It begins. once/week, 5 hrs on the drip.

Life is fine, tho sometimes rich in hardship.

Sister is a trooper. Ready for anything.

Ky cowboy said:

Ocho Rios Jamaica

How did you like Jamaica? The Mrs. And I are considering that as our next destination since Mexico has played out. Appreciate your thoughts.

Latest posts