What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a thread of what I'm seeing today and hope others will fallow. Just taking pictures with my phone then loading to photobucket then on here.
ce02c2a4.jpg

61f8f05e.jpg

6719d18f.jpg

c1ad4ccc.jpg

Just setting on a cotton picker all day.
3b6f39c8.jpg

b1ace31d.jpg

42574aee.jpg

Wow, pretty cool, thanks Jed. I'll have to put some batteries in my camera and click a few. My phone is one like Noah used on the ark, no pictures, heck it won't even make calls right.

Larry

larryshoat":1s6yp8hc said:
Wow, pretty cool, thanks Jed. I'll have to put some batteries in my camera and click a few. My phone is one like Noah used on the ark, no pictures, heck it won't even make calls right.

Larry
we were talking about cotton this morning, as the trucks loaded with modules where going by... he said there goes a load of money, about 30k a bale....... is that even close to right?

ALACOWMAN":3uydpvlk said:
larryshoat":3uydpvlk said:

Larry
we were talking about cotton this morning, as the trucks loaded with modules where going by... he said there goes a load of money, about 30k a bale....... is that even close to right?
Cut that by four.

That is a lot of cotton. Used to see alot of it growing in Arizona.

This is what I see today. This is my 1st attempt at posting pic's, hope it works.

I guess winter has arrived with a bit of gusto.

snow1-1.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

snow2.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

Great pics Jed !

Oh my CF, brrrrr . Here I am complaining that it is so bloody cold out today and it is 40 degrees out there and sunny. I am so not ready for winter .. Stay warm !

Mr. CF just got home. He stopped at his sisters to say hi & see how much damage they had & pick up his chainsaw. While standing in the driveway talking to BIL, this fell on his truck. No damage, no harm. But an attention getter.
Almost looks like a tornado went thru here, with all the tree damage from this really heavy snow.
I think I like your white better too, Jed. :shock:

Thanks all, it's not really as bad as it looks though. It'll all be gone by Friday. Probably...

treeontruck.jpg

CottageFarm":3lu1w3p9 said:
Mr. CF just got home. He stopped at his sisters to say hi & see how much damage they had & pick up his chainsaw. While standing in the driveway talking to BIL, this fell on his truck. No damage, no harm. But an attention getter.
Almost looks like a tornado went thru here, with all the tree damage from this really heavy snow.
I think I like your white better too, Jed. :shock:

Thanks all, it's not really as bad as it looks though. It'll all be gone by Friday. Probably...

treeontruck.jpg

Now that is something we see here usually every end of May or beginning of June. One year we had snow every month . Why again do we live in these places again ? Oh yes I remember . No snakes ! :lol2: Glad there was no damage to the truck ,sounds like you all will have some trees to clean up . Hope you don't lose your power.

My view looks like CF's just a little less snow. It has quit for now!

Which reminds me...What is White, Irish and spends the winter outside every year............Paddy O Furniture....! I know real funny. Please hold your applause.

jedstivers and CottageFarm, that's a whole lotta white!

I have only seen cotton growing one time, in NC, and I ran out to touch it; I've never seen what you've posted though.

CF, I've seen my share of snow and can do without it, but it sure is pretty. Guess you're just getting 'warmed' up for winter. How much snow did you get?

HD - I'm afraid I can't say we don't have snakes. I've never seen a rattlesnake around here, but everyone else has. I guess I stick with the blissful ignorance approach :D Yeah, lots to clean up around here, but we'll wait til it warms up abit before tackling that. We've had no real damage, so I'm not complaining. I got to sit on my butt all day and check in here at CT.

Gale - we only got about 12-13" total and it seems to be done. You're right, the only sight prettier to me than a fresh snow is Autumn in the mountains....well, any Autumn colors really.

3way - I'm shocked we got more than you. I figured you'd have really gotten dumped on. Maybe some more will still come your way. Not really wishing snow on you...but I know you really need some moisture and there was a ton of it in this storm.

John - harvesting is a pretty sight too. Post some pics of your area too!

Ala - you're a riot. I'll try to squint real hard and pretend it's just fluffy cotton :lol: :lol:

Jed - like I said, I think I like your white stuff better too, but you've got too many snakes there and way too much humidity. I'd never have a good hair day there :D

T
Now that is something we see here usually every end of May or beginning of June. One year we had snow every month . Why again do we live in these places again ? Oh yes I remember . No snakes ! Glad there was no damage to the truck ,sounds like you all will have some trees to clean up . Hope you don't lose your power.HD

HD IF you don't have snakes, what do you kill?

3waycross":238s775o said:
My view looks like CF's just a little less snow. It has quit for now!

Which reminds me...What is White, Irish and spends the winter outside every year............Paddy O Furniture....!
I know real funny. Please hold your applause.

LOL!!! Hello, I'm easily amused!! HA!

Ryder":3csuflxj said:
T
Now that is something we see here usually every end of May or beginning of June. One year we had snow every month . Why again do we live in these places again ? Oh yes I remember . No snakes ! Glad there was no damage to the truck ,sounds like you all will have some trees to clean up . Hope you don't lose your power.HD

Gophers Ryder, just gophers !! :lol: :D

FYI the quarter next to us is still for sale if you want to relocate where there are NO SNAKES ... :welcome:

hillsdown":3j0q1p20 said:
Ryder":3j0q1p20 said:
T

Gophers Ryder, just gophers !! :lol: :D

FYI the quarter next to us is still for sale if you want to relocate where there are NO SNAKES ... :welcome:
Thanks for the information.
I'm sure you would be a great neighbor and it would be tempting in the summer.
But you have cold and snow. This Southern white boy would have an awful hard time with those inhumane conditions.

Latest posts