What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Forgot to do any today, just have a blurry one from early today.
d04599f7.jpg

Thats really neat I've never seen a cotton field before, or how its harvested
Hope its a good harvest and prices go way down!
GMN

Jed When I first saw the pic I thought it was snow, but that is neat to see cotton like that.
CF I didn't like the look of your white, I hate snow and hope we don't get any this year we had far to much last winter.

cow pollinater":17bktl66 said:
What kind of planting date do you guys shoot for on your cotton? We've been done for quite a while.
We like to plant 4-20 to 5-10. This cotton was planted behind flood water, started May 30th, finished May 38th. Then on top of being late we turned real cool in Sept. an it just shut down. Usually done by 10-10, 10-15 or at the worst 10-20. Last year done by 9-28. Bout 3 or 4 good days an I'll be done but have rain for Wed.

jedstivers":2y5q97kt said:
cow pollinater":2y5q97kt said:
What kind of planting date do you guys shoot for on your cotton? We've been done for quite a while.
We like to plant 4-20 to 5-10. This cotton was planted behind flood water, started May 30th, finished May 38th. Then on top of being late we turned real cool in Sept. an it just shut down. Usually done by 10-10, 10-15 or at the worst 10-20. Last year done by 9-28. Bout 3 or 4 good days an I'll be done but have rain for Wed.

ya'll have some long month's in arkansas

jedstivers":382mz7z2 said:
Don't want any cotton planted in June, have to get done in May.

I'm guessing by getting it all in by May, it completes growth and you harvest before first frost? What is your average first frost date in that part of the state? Ours is Nov 7, but we were 3 weeks early this year, and have already had 3

I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures. Amazing the difference in our areas of the state; not just geography, but land use too

Ouachita":3cf8on5m said:
jedstivers":3cf8on5m said:
Don't want any cotton planted in June, have to get done in May.

I'm guessing by getting it all in by May, it completes growth and you harvest before first frost? What is your average first frost date in that part of the state? Ours is Nov 7, but we were 3 weeks early this year, and have already had 3

I'll see if I can figure out how to post some pictures. Amazing the difference in our areas of the state; not just geography, but land use too
We just want it in to get enough heat units to mature, unlike this year where the cool sept shut it down. Our frost date is the same as yours.

Latest posts