Your old horse shoes

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy%20Alarm%20Clock.jpg

Probably cheaper to buy them new by the keg rather than pay to ship old shoes? My husband started teaching me to weld last summer (after 25 years of bugging him!) It's a blast, I have a med sized wire feed welder - I love it, it's much easier than with the stick welder. I too would rather have a plasma cutter than a diamond ring any day - but that's alot of $$ and I'm not sure how much it would get used. This summer hubby is teaching me how to forge!! It's really fun but I'm already thinking this would be a lesson better saved for winter time! It's hot!

My husband is a horseshoer and he makes all kinds of stuff with them , Coat racks, paper towel holders, Howdy and welcome signs, toilet paper holders, Key ring hooks{ horseshoe nails are handy to make some stuff also }, hooks , hatracks, book ends, he even made a rocking chair. He has alot of fun seeing what he can turm them into. Good luck with yours. :D

I keep our shoes and make stuff with them to, you can make some cute Xmas presents out of old shoes.

sjr725":t40h9f40 said:
I have a med sized wire feed welder - I love it, it's much easier than with the stick welder.
oh, you spoiled girl!

theres a really old guy that lives in town he makes lifesize "models" with horseshoes. he has draft horses pulling a carriage and all sorts of really cool projects. i just do smaller projects but it would be fun to make something huge like that

Latest posts