Your First Car

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
What was the first car that you bought out of your own pocket?

Mine was a little metallic turquoise Mini 1275E that my parents purchased for me when I left school to go and study, I had to pay them back ;-) . If there was no parking available the little car would fit into the smallest of spaces on the sidewalk or wherever, 'causing' me to get fined, the fines were small but there were plenty :shock: . Another thing about it was that it was extremely fast between robots and this I had to test every now and then :oops: . It was eventually written off by a guy who turned in front of me with his vehicle, apparently the sun was shining in his eyes and he did not see me until it was too late.

My first car was a dark blue volvo 740, twenty years old, looked like new. Had it for two years and then one day driving from church with my father, on a icy road, I wrapped it around a tree!

Mine was a Falcon 1960 I think?. I had to rebuild the motor and make some pretty sweet rear fenders out of chicken wire and Bondo but it got me where I needed to go.(It did not however get me very many chicks)

Sold it for a profit after 2 years. :banana:

Mine was a 51 ford pickup straight 8 with three on the tree. Ugly lime green color. Someone had put decals of mallard ducks on the doors. It got me from A to B but I don't remember ever getting any chicks into that pickup......

alisonb":2zauef09 said:
What was the first car that you bought out of your own pocket?

Mine was a little metallic turquoise Mini 1275E that my parents purchased for me when I left school to go and study, I had to pay them back ;-) . If there was no parking available the little car would fit into the smallest of spaces on the sidewalk or wherever, 'causing' me to get fined, the fines were small but there were plenty :shock: . Another thing about it was that it was extremely fast between robots and this I had to test every now and then :oops: . It was eventually written off by a guy who turned in front of me with his vehicle, apparently the sun was shining in his eyes and he did not see me until it was too late.

I looked for a mini but ended up with a 1982 Metro. The car they thought would replace the mini. It was ugly, had hydra gas suspension, and the 1litre engine from the mini. Lasted me 4 years of racing, ultra economy driving, hauling not quite 1/2 ton of potatoes, or driving down dirt roads up to the axels in mud. It was a good little work horse until the motor said that it had sufficent of driving on the highway over the red line. I sold it to a mechanic and he fixed it up and sold it on.

My dad traded a '70 Chevelle for two VW Beetles, a new '74 for him and a '66 1300 he gave me for graduation. I drove the bug for a couple years and traded it for a '67 Impala SS hardtop. It was the first car I paid for - wish I still had it. The first new car I bought was a '74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Sundance Edition - trimmed out like a Roadrunner with Crager SS mags and L60's on the back and L70's on the front. That was probably the 'prettiest' car I ever owned.

73 cutlass supreme with the 350 Rocket motor in it. Got the car sideways more times than I can count and couldn't figure out why I kept going thru tires. Bought it for 800 bucks in 1990, then burnt a valve on it and sold it for 800 bucks in 1992. Wish I still had that car...the back seat was huge!

fit2btied":20mofzh8 said:
My dad traded a '70 Chevelle for two VW Beetles, a new '74 for him and a '66 1300 he gave me for graduation. I drove the bug for a couple years and traded it for a '67 Impala SS hardtop. It was the first car I paid for - wish I still had it. The first new car I bought was a '74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Sundance Edition - trimmed out like a Roadrunner with Crager SS mags and L60's on the back and L70's on the front. That was probably the 'prettiest' car I ever owned.

Uh, um, awkward pause...that '67 Impala SS Hardtop was a really good looking car, (I took driver training in a four door with a 396) far better looking than ANYTHING Plymouth built in the '70's. Come to think of it, I'm better looking (today) than anything Plymouth built in the '70's. I had a '71 Duster with a 318. Bought new and that thing was uuuuugly. I really don't mean to insult yer car. :D

1975 Dodge Colt.
It would occasionally slip out of park and roll away on me and I'd have to chase it. Never locked the doors just in case. Fortunately, I lived in Michigan where there weren't many hills :lol2:

74 camaro bought it new for 3,800 a new one now would probably be 38,000. wish my wages would have keep pace.

Latest posts