Your First Car

Help Support CattleToday:

48 ford deluxe coup,flat head v8.with a columbia 2 speed rear end.Wrecked it and bought a 51 Henry J and installed a 327 chevy engine with the 2 speed powerglide.That thing got me a lot of tickets.

Cal

My first car was a '68 mustang with N50 back tires, side exhaust and a 302 with popup pistons. Would squall the tires when floored at 50 mph.
On sat. I had my uncles estate sale. Sold a 69 Mach I to a guy from Georgia for 20,000 even. A 65 mustang coup with a 6 cylinder 3 speep for 4,000 (had a 6500 bid on it), a 67 firebird, not many original parts, 455 olds motor in it with a 4 speed, for 6700.
Like a fool I kept a '61 chevy pickup for my future son in law to restore.
If we'd all just kept our old muscle cars, we'd be in the chips now.
Should have done like my uncle and never got rid of anything. gs

hooknline":2otfqeit said:
DAng Vett, nice ride for a first one!
Well the question asked what your first car you bought out of your own pocket.....didn't say it had to be new.....first car was actually a '67 Ford Galaxy 500 family car Mom and Dad gave me when they bought a new car in 1974.....a year later I sold it and added 4 Benjamins to buy the Mustang off my future and ex brother-in-law. But as a junior in high school it was a nice car...better than I realized at the time for sure.

86 Pontiac sunbird, stick shift, 4 door . Moved 4 hours away from home to go to school so needed a car. Bought it from my college fund that mom and dad had been squirrelling away since the day I was born. I did work almost full time during high school but sad to say that my pay checks went towards designer clothes etc. :oops:

I sold it to a relief hand at the dairy in 1998 ,he was moving back home to Montreal and needed a good reliable car for a very reasonable price, it made the trip without a hiccup and he ended up giving the car to his daughter that she used for 3 years before she sold it for a newer one. Btw after I sold my car I bought my dads old 84 Toyota 4x4 and fixed it up. I still have it and call it my booting around truck. Thinking about giving it to my niece when she gets her license next year.

I bought a 1948 chevy fleetline when I was 15. That was about 1983'ish or so :oops: It had actual cadillac interior with a big aluminum gas pedal in the shape of a bare foot. It had a straight 6 with 3 on the tree. Talking about a boat! It was a gas guzzler so I sold it after 2 or 3 years and bought a used 1983 Ford Ranger. I wish I had the 48 back. It was red, no rust or dents and mechanically sound.

My 1st was a 1972 cheverolet pick up.Green and white. Bought it from my Granddaddy. Made payments on it. Drove it for 8yrs. The man I sold it to still has it today.

My first was a 57 Chevy Apache my favorite was a 69 GTO. Chevy got 12 miles up hill or down for you yougun's you used a roll of toliet paper for the oil filter, the starter buttom was on the floor as well as the master cylinder was under the drivers floor mat. It had the big six with four speed with a granny gear.
Now that GTO would pass anything cept a filling station wiped it out in a five car pile up into a herd of cows.
I will tell you that Duke's of Hazard crap ain't real cause when that GTO landed after being airborne the gas tank, oil pan, tail pipe along with other piece's were in the road and both tie rods were broke.

My first car was a 1955 Dodge 2dr. hardtop with Auto Trans. It was two tone Black and Grey. I worked all summer for that car, cost me 425$.

72 Chevelle. 350 engine but just a 2 bbl. Had air shocks on the back and it looked sooooo cool when they were aired up and put the rear end up high. Not much traction like that, though, and I hydro-planed in the rain and totaled it.

Learned to drive in my dad's 55 Chevy (what would I give to have that now?), but the 1st car I owned and paid for was a 1965 Dodge Coronet. Loved that car and said I would drive it until the wheels fell off. In 1977, I hit a train and would you believe it, the wheels fell off.

1967 Pontiac Firebird, yellow with a black vinyl top! Bought it on a land contract!!! (too young to get a bank loan, so Grandpa financed it for me on a LC!) Sassy little car!

After careful examination of the specs of each of your cars/trucks, I am of the opinion that my Mini would have come out tops in a robot to robot dice against any one of them... and still have used a lot less fuel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :hide:

alisonb":jfwdfw8x said:
After careful examination of the specs of each of your cars/trucks, I am of the opinion that my Mini would have come out tops in a robot to robot dice against any one of them... and still have used a lot less fuel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :hide:
Ok I have to ask. What is a robot to robot dice??????????? I googled the term and got nuthin.....

It's a race between two cars from robot to robot(traffic lights) in the city, 'dice' means race in this part of the world. It is what the young and foolish do to see who has the fastest car, it's considered rather raw and ill-bred to do this when one has matured.

Got it. I was thinking R2D2 or something.

So I am to assume, you no longer participate in such activities??

My first car was a 67 Chevy Belair 4 door . It had a 283 and ran good, but was real ugly. I raised and sold feeder pigs to pay Mom and Dad back for it. $800.00. I realize now my pig operation was subsidized. But they still made me work for it.

Latest posts