young Simbrah bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

JDI

Reaction score
let me know what you think of this young bull...he is only 192 days today. Thelast weight was 614 on 9-11-08. He is an embryo calf out of LMC RFI Smith Red Bullet & a Strack cow.

I like him...could use a wee bit improvement on his topline, but other than that...I like him.

its funny how everybody always picks on the topline. i wonder if he would look any different not tied, on level ground, and without his front feet so far out in front of him?

Well, as I said he is only 192 days old...been off his moma 23 days...spent the first week in the trailer because of the hurricane...but is eating about 17-18 lbs day now...he just needs to grow & fill in...i love his muscle & bone..he is cleaned sheathed for purebred Simbrah.... just was wondering what others see in him...

Beefy":35w5v3jy said:
its funny how everybody always picks on the topline. i wonder if he would look any different not tied, on level ground, and without his front feed so far out in front of him?

I'd also like to see him just standing naturally without being tied before making a judgement on how sound he is. At the moment he looks like a calf with a lot of potential.

Beefy":36yhp1d9 said:
its funny how everybody always picks on the topline. i wonder if he would look any different not tied, on level ground, and without his front feed so far out in front of him?
exactly, they need look at the ground first ,before they go knockin' the top. you see em with their back leg out behind em. the skeleton gonna have to give somewhere.

I like him. He looks like he's got a lot of potential. He's a stout little guy. What are your plans for him?

He is going to San Antonio in Feb. & then Houston in March. I have a full sibling to him on some cows in Okla. I will see which of the 2 I like the best. One of them will be for sale. I have another preg. due on Jan. 23rd...It needs to be a heifer but probably not my luck.

Latest posts