You know you live in a small town.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
....when your fan belt breaks in front of the school as you are dropping off your child and within 5 minutes you are sitting in a friend's truck on the way to the parts store only to find when you get there the parts store already has your belt on the counter and are fixing to deliver it to you without my even calling them. :D What's also wonderful is returning to your truck and your toolbox and tools are right where you left them. :nod:

You know you live in a small town....
... when a traffic jam is a farmer driving his tractor, pulling a wide load :nod:

You know you live in a small town....
...when everyone pulls over and stops, to show respect for a funeral procession :tiphat:

I love my small town :D

You know you live in a small town when you give someone an attitude adjustment three counties away, drive strait back home and when you get back to town, ten people come up to you at the gas pump and shake your hand. That's all I've got to say about that.

We are too close to Austin and have lost our small town to growth, too many Austin people sleep here and work in Austin. Have gone from 5000 to 15000 population, with a prediction to double in a short time. the County will be a whole other story. A new major toll highway has come thru the middle of the county which will turn the whole county into a city. What was ranch land 2 years ago is now selling by the square foot.

You know you live in a small town when you walk into the bank and they know who you are. Of course, that might be cause I'm always broke... :oops:

Lammie":2ay47hh5 said:
You know you live in a small town when you walk into the bank and they know who you are. Of course, that might be cause I'm always broke... :oops:

He$$ Lammie...they see my name on the OD list AND the "past due" list everyday. They should know me. :cowboy:

Jogeephus":2grrglp0 said:
....when your fan belt breaks in front of the school as you are dropping off your child and within 5 minutes you are sitting in a friend's truck on the way to the parts store only to find when you get there the parts store already has your belt on the counter and are fixing to deliver it to you without my even calling them. :D What's also wonderful is returning to your truck and your toolbox and tools are right where you left them. :nod:

Is that one of those serpentine belts? I've been wondering how long they last because I've never had one break.

john250":3kvgfo9r said:
Jogeephus":3kvgfo9r said:

Is that one of those serpentine belts? I've been wondering how long they last because I've never had one break.
they'll last 100k... biggest problem is cats and idler pulleys

john250":3fy1fgci said:
My F250 is pushing 125K, I guess I better replace it.
maybe,, ive seen them still going cracked to he#$ and frayed ... serpentine belts,, best thing to happen to the automobile and fuel injection

You know you live in a small town when all your friends dated your wife at one time or another.

When the tow truck driver knows your phone voice.

Once again, my experience with junker cars talking.

When the bank teller knows your account number by heart and don't have to go look it up on the computer to write up your deposit. And, where they cash your check without looking up your balance on the computer, either.

You know you are in a small town when your 15 yo son says he can't hiccup without me or my wife finding out about it.

As said by my son a few years ago, when I told him that I ran into one of his teachers and the teacher paid him a complement. Never did tell my son who the teacher was, where I ran into him/her or what the complement was. It's my way of letting him know that eyes were watching. Both of my boys, now in their mid twenties, turned out fine. :nod: :nod:

Wjen your wife breaks down on the side of the road and 3 friends stop to offer help and call you before she can even dial your phone number on speed dial

ALACOWMAN":1y04kbiw said:
john250":1y04kbiw said:
Jogeephus":1y04kbiw said:

they'll last 100k... biggest problem is cats and idler pulleys

Your exactly right. It was the bearing in the idler arm that cause the break. Stuck a new bearing in that and maybe I'm good to go for another 170K.

Had mail delivered to the house that only had my name on it with no street address

when the UPS man sees you on the road in town and follows you to where you are going to give you a package so he doesn't have to drive to your house

or you have people from out of state hunting on you and they lose their wallet in town in a parking lot and someone finds it and calls you because they knew you had visitors from that state
and all of the contents are still in the wallet

Latest posts