You gotta love your dog..

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
One of my best friend's Boston Terrier got bit three times by a 3' timber rattlesnake this morning. The Shipster had the snake in his mouth and was giving it the once over. This is the second time the dog has tangled with a rattlesnake in as many years and has been bitten each time. My buddy took Shipster to the vet where he was given anti-venom. Price tag for treatment - $1100. Though he looks like a harp seal at the moment, the prognosis is good. One dose of anti-venom was $900. Unbelievable. Anybody know how to make anti-venom? I think there might be more money in milking snakes than milking cows. :nod:

Fred Belknap":3ucqowii said:
Jo that is an expensive dog. I think I would let nature take its course, maybe he would learn to leave the dang things alone.
Fred

Kinda what I thought. Now I don't want this to sound cold or nothing but I see two things wrong here. This is just a dog. I think we sometimes forget this or at least I know I have. Granted it is The Shipster but the Shipster didn't cost but $100 when he bought him and heck if you average out the cost of the bites over the last two years he is spending well over $100 a month for owning this dog. Secondly, why is it that medicine like this costs so much. Humans will need about 17 times this dose but no one is in the mood to dicker about the price when you need it.

I didn't know that snake bite serum was that expensive. That probably why those snake handling church people don't go to the doc when they get bit. I had a beagle get bitten years ago, dad took him to the vet for me, if I remember right the bill was less than $100. Price of everything going up.
Fred

Fred Belknap":3ok0e07s said:
I didn't know that snake bite serum was that expensive. That probably why those snake handling church people don't go to the doc when they get bit. I had a beagle get bitten years ago, dad took him to the vet for me, if I remember right the bill was less than $100. Price of everything going up.
Fred

Last year I had two friends that were bit. If I remember correctly their bills were $17000 and $19000. The lesser bill was for my friend David who was drunk when bitten and I'm told his blood was already thinned from the alcohol so he didn't require as much as Angela. I just don't see how it can cost so much.

TNMasterBeefProducer":16c66k8m said:
Dont know but that is less than my life insurance. I reckon if I ever get bit I will just go on ahead and die so my wife and kids will get a butt load of money.

:lol2: :lol2: We got something in common. Seems I'm worth more dead than alive too. I hope our wives don't figure that out and put us under. :lol2:

TNMasterBeefProducer":3hgaqfuq said:
Jogeephus":3hgaqfuq said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":3hgaqfuq said:
Dont know but that is less than my life insurance. I reckon if I ever get bit I will just go on ahead and die so my wife and kids will get a butt load of money.

:lol2: :lol2: We got something in common. Seems I'm worth more dead than alive too. I hope our wives don't figure that out and put us under. :lol2:

I always sleep with one eye open. My wife dont know how much of a policy I have anyways. She dont even know I got one.

My wife just gets real quiet and gets a funny grin on her face when I mention my insurance policy. I told her to put a for sale sign at the road the day I die, because I was worried about her and the girls being able to keep up with our place. She said, "what makes you think my next husband won't enjoy living here?" Should I be concerned? :)

skyline":3eq5kzk5 said:
My wife just gets real quiet and gets a funny grin on her face when I mention my insurance policy. I told her to put a for sale sign at the road the day I die, because I was worried about her and the girls being able to keep up with our place. She said, "what makes you think my next husband won't enjoy living here?" Should I be concerned? :)

Does she fix special dishes "just for you"?

john250":wnthnk74 said:
skyline":wnthnk74 said:

Does she fix special dishes "just for you"?

Come to think of it, there is the occsional situation where I'm wolfing supper down and notice that she's not eating. Says she's "not hungry". You guys are really starting to worry me here. Anybody know what the early symptoms for poisoning are? I'm not feeling well. :)

Just being conversational here:

Are you experiencing abnormal hair loss?
Trouble keeping food down?
Light headed-ness?

Then again, these could be the signs of watching to much of "The View"

perda04":2sq1dbrx said:
Just being conversational here:

Are you experiencing abnormal hair loss?
Trouble keeping food down?
Light headed-ness?

Then again, these could be the signs of watching to much of "The View"

Now that's funny! :lol2: :lol2:
But just so you know, The View is at the bottom of my "must watch" list. I grew bored of it during the Trump/Rosie fued.... :)

skyline":3nxmmtd9 said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Funny my wife sometimes forgets some bills like my magazine subscriptions, or my hunting supplies, but she NEVER forgets to pay the life insurance.

Latest posts