You going Josher?

Help Support CattleToday:

I wish.
No I managed to stop my hand from going up this sale. I think I'm gonna keep AI my own bulls. I can't justify spending that much on a bull. The ones I would have liked were a minimum of 7500.
There was a simmental angus cross bull sold for 20 thousand. Bulls were bought from all over the place. A number of bulls went to Ohio some went to New Brunswick some to BC
Lead off Simmental Bull at Lazy S brought 80,000. Back end were in the 4000 range.

Lead off Simmental Bull at Lazy S brought 80,000. Back end were in the 4000 range.
Bragging right matter to some people, more than actual value. The actual difference in value between the 80K bull and the 4K bull was probably measured in a couple of hundred dollars.

The only way to make an 80K bull pay is to milk it...

Bragging right matter to some people, more than actual value. The actual difference in value between the 80K bull and the 4K bull was probably measured in a couple of hundred dollars.

The only way to make an 80K bull pay is to milk it...
Agree about the 80k unproven bull. However, at those kind of sales many of the 4K bulls are better going to the kill plant.

How many times did you hear Guichon Creek Ranch? Two of my top picks for red and black angus there.
Is that your ranch name? I never heard that one but it was very hard to hear because auctioneer and Mac talked the same time often but most the time could still hear where the bulls were headed to. It was deafeningly loud in there. Is it because most farmers are hard of hearing or attending a few of these sales is why we have hearing damage. Was sure a fun sale to go to though.
Which breed of bulls were you after?

Is that your ranch name? I never heard that one but it was very hard to hear because auctioneer and Mac talked the same time often but most the time could still hear where the bulls were headed to. It was deafeningly loud in there. Is it because most farmers are hard of hearing or attending a few of these sales is why we have hearing damage. Was sure a fun sale to go to though.
Which breed of bulls were you after?
Yes… all sales are too loud. John Blacklock always maintained a good sale was run at the verge of out of control.
We had orders for 5 red angus and 2 black angus.

The Reds
RA-2448-2.jpg

RA-2590-2.jpg

RA-2711.jpg

RA-2908.jpg

RA-2936-2.jpg

RA-2949-4.jpg

They look really good, although a little hard to tell with so much condition on them. #3 and #6 are my pics (red)
Second bull down is same bull as the middle of Josher's three pictures. My bulls went on a bale feeder with green feed yesterday to start the acclimation process. The rest get a bunch of straw mixed into their ration. He keeps them until April.

These are my picks, but you have a good eye and they are all nice.

The second (#3 on your post) bull down is amazing, and the bottom one is my pick for replacements.
2711 is comparable in frame to the 2590 bull above him but not as thick. The 2936 bull was used last summer on his purebred cows for 60 days so he isn't as grown out or fleshy as the others.

Kinda jealous of your bull pen. The red angus bulls were the best quality of all the breeds there I'd say. I think Creech's have been doing red angus the longest. I'd be interested what these bulls look like when mature. And on ranch feed

Kinda jealous of your bull pen. The red angus bulls were the best quality of all the breeds there I'd say. I think Creech's have been doing red angus the longest. I'd be interested what these bulls look like when mature. And on ranch feed
It takes them a couple of years to acclimate here and our bulls never do reach their growth potential that happens in better feed areas. We buy them to make females.

Latest posts