Yellow-white face

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures to share (Yellow-white face). I havn't seen this posted on the board yet (might have seen it and it didn't register since I wasn't thinking about it. I'm fairly new too). I was wondering since an earlier post said they bring the highest price according to color.

Walt

Are you looking for something like this big guy?

DSCF0946.jpg

DSCF0943.jpg

(Both pics are of the same animal)

Thanks. I guess they are priced higher than others because they are so rare. ;-)

Walt

They might be 'priced' higher in some regions but they won't 'sell' higher in the auction barn in most regions. I agree that they are rare since this is likely a Char and Herf cross and, at least in our area, it's not a very popular combination.

That's a good doing grass steer. He would fetch top $ here for a heavy feeder. Time to get him on a hot ration. 8)

Txwalt":12urp7jt said:
Thanks. I guess they are priced higher than others because they are so rare. ;-)

Walt

Not a problem. Yeah they're so rare that I keep wondering why we get a few on this farm every year. ;-)

mnmtranching":12urp7jt said:
That's a good doing grass steer. He would fetch top $ here for a heavy feeder. Time to get him on a hot ration.

That's music to my ears. :D He's one of the best grass converters in the herd.

out here the tan white face are popular. Charlois X are big here. Angus has moved in see more of them now but still the die hard CharX and pure charlois animals here.

mnmtranching":1n4d1vwv said:
That's a good doing grass steer. He would fetch top $ here for a heavy feeder. Time to get him on a hot ration. 8)

Couldn't have said it better myself. They are not so rare here.

I use to have a GREAT MOMMA COW that was a Charolais X Hereford had great calves had lots of MILK decent temperment I see them around some herds have nathing but this cross in them

TheBullLady":1pajidda said:
Here's a good "yellow white faced" cow.

What I could see of the picture reminded me of the old time simmys.

Which would be correct Wewild. I didn't even think about a Char cross. When someone mentions "yellow" cattle, makes me think of the old timey simmys.

TheBullLady":20o8n4br said:
Which would be correct Wewild. I didn't even think about a Char cross. When someone mentions "yellow" cattle, makes me think of the old timey simmys.

Dad loved them when I was young.

A red simmental bred to an angus bull if either one has the diluter gene you could get a yellow calf.

I have a yellow cow from this combo her calves are light gray to white.

These calves do not get pulled out from the bunch at the sale barn as the smokies do.

TheBullLady":260nyqxg said:
Here's a good "yellow white faced" cow.

DSC02773-1.jpg
[/img]

She definately looks like a keeper to me, I lost my only yellow white face heifer last fall.

I like them as well as my smokies, angus x char

I have a steer that was born late from a heifer that aborted her calf last year. He was born April 11th and was a small calf at birth but has hit the 400+ mark at 4 months, all on grass and mama's milk.

Txwalt":27gi5wvy said:
Anyone have pictures to share (Yellow-white face). I havn't seen this posted on the board yet (might have seen it and it didn't register since I wasn't thinking about it. I'm fairly new too). I was wondering since an earlier post said they bring the highest price according to color.

Walt

I should have took my camera with me this morning. Caustic and I hauled a load of calves this morning, the salebarn was full of them.

Latest posts