Yellow Jackets

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Had an interesting day yesterday. Attempted to drive staples while standing on top of a yellow jacket nest. Didn't work very well. Got me on the arms, through my pants/shirt, on the head and a couple clever ones got in my shirt and even inside my leather gloves. After shucking the shirt/gloves and running around the field like a wild banshee, ended up with around 20-30 bites/stings. The worst part was I left my bucket and hammer laying on top of their nest, had to go back and get it. :roll: That's when I realized just how big a moron that I really am.

cfpinz

I remember once when I was little me and two of my friends were walking aroung in the woods behind my friend's house and her dog found a beehive and got into it. We were in the briars and brambles when the bees started stinging. We ran like mad for the house. I don't know whether I had more bee stings or scratches.

If what happened to you happened to me, I'd have been shucking my clothes and I don't care who would have seen! :shock:

Lammie":1ux3i3ri said:
If what happened to you happened to me, I'd have been shucking my clothes and I don't care who would have seen! :shock:

Exibitionist!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Took off my blouse right dead downtown Comanche, TX back when I was about 16 years old...blasted yellow jacket got me between the shoulder blades. My friends didn't know whether to try to help me out, or move away from like they didn't know who I was.

Alice

I was drywashing for gold in a common claim and had one of those big black desert ants crawl up my leg and bit me on the nuts. I pulled my pants down far enough to pull the ant off. A woamn a hndred yards away started shreeking about indecent exposure, etc. About 15 minutes later she started screaming, jerked off her shirt and ripped her pants and skivvies off. Seems she had hit a next of the boogers and they were biting her on the tenders.

dun

When I was in Basic, during an exercise we had a guy in the platoon, obviously from the city some place, decided a red and pile would be the easiest place to dig in.

When I was a bit older than a shirt tail kid my older brother and I were jumping over a prickly pear patch. My younger brother by several years sees us and decideds its the cool thing to do. Af course he doesnt make it. Somehow that was my brother and my fault. :lol:

Many years later, as if we hadnt learned our lesson, we are jumping over a hornets nest that has fallen from a tree. Same younger brother, of course, lands right on the nest. Im still trying to figure out how that was my fault, but it must have been as I was the one who was punished. :lol:

Had an 8th grade science teacher yank her pants off in front of the whole class when a mouse ran up her britches leg. Still remind her of that when I see her. :lol:

cfpinz":31vm0fdk said:
Had an interesting day yesterday. Attempted to drive staples while standing on top of a yellow jacket nest. Didn't work very well. Got me on the arms, through my pants/shirt, on the head and a couple clever ones got in my shirt and even inside my leather gloves. After shucking the shirt/gloves and running around the field like a wild banshee, ended up with around 20-30 bites/stings. The worst part was I left my bucket and hammer laying on top of their nest, had to go back and get it. :roll: That's when I realized just how big a moron that I really am.

cfpinz

Be thankful it wasn't bumble bee's they would still have your hammer.

If it wasn't such a nice hammer, I might have considered leaving it anyways. Bumblebees don't seem that aggressive around here, probably the worst are hornets and then yellow jackets.

Pour gas on it and come back tomorrow. They wil be gone and you can did the dern thing up.

:lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: I'm in pain from laughing so hard !!! :lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

Husband and I were grilling out in the yard one evening, I decided to move a few old concrete blocks while he tended to the grill. I lifted one and started carrying it across the yard when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my leg, then my hip, then arm, then my arm-pit, about that time I noticed all kinds of buzzing yellow jackets around me, I look down only to realize that when I lifted the concrete block I also happened to rip their rather large nest in half. Naturally at that point I dropped the block, started tearing the clothes off as I ran in circles while shouting to my husband "hit me, hit me, hit me!!".

It took him a minute to figure out what had happened.

Katherine

ctlbaron":1f0lrhlj said:
Had an 8th grade science teacher yank her pants off in front of the whole class when a mouse ran up her britches leg. Still remind her of that when I see her. :lol:

Ah down here the teachers take their pants off all the time. :shock:

Helping a friend clear some property with my front end loader. Got into a bunch of them suckers. Got bit about 10 times before I could get off of the tractor. Ran from the field to the garage where my friend was. While telling him what happened I got bit about 6 more times. Those suckers followed me. Got bit just above the eyes, in the ears, on the ears, nose, lip, and temples. Took about 5 hours for the pain from some of them to away.

dun":11d787wh said:
I was drywashing for gold in a common claim and had one of those big black desert ants crawl up my leg and bit me on the nuts. I pulled my pants down far enough to pull the ant off. A woamn a hndred yards away started shreeking about indecent exposure, etc. About 15 minutes later she started screaming, jerked off her shirt and ripped her pants and skivvies off. Seems she had hit a next of the boogers and they were biting her on the tenders.

dun

I aint laughin at ya, I'm laughin with ya!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts