yearling hereford bull (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

WisRose

Reaction score
sidenem2.jpg

sidenem.jpg

rearnem.jpg

His registration #42651264 BW 82# WW 665# YW 1114#
What do you like or dislike about him??????

Looks like a promising yearling bull to me. Good thickness, square hips, good scrotal size and attachment. Of course, being linebred Keynote, his BW EPD is subject to change upwards, but I have never heard of poorly shaped Keynote calves (or Boomer or 29F), so he should be fine on cows even if it goes up to 8.0 or so. I like him. Has he bred any cows yet? How is his libido so far?

We only have five cows for him to breed and that won't be untill July 1st. He sure wants to be in with the girls! I'm thinking of selling him soon. One cow is a Bogart daughter (son of CS Boomer) and one of the others is an Embracer 8006 daughter so I should really use some different bloodlines.

Things I like:
Thick in the girth, thick in the flank, good topline, level from hooks to pins
Can't tell much about legs in these pics.
Things I'd like to change:
More thickness in rump, carry down deeper. Clean up front end. Is the bottom half of his scrotum white?
Those are my initial thoughts. Send me some more pics or video and I can add to both lists, I'm sure.

Looks like a good one, I like the length. He would be great on a set of white cows or a set of blacks

stocky":3pk0nmwt said:
Looks like a good one, I like the length. He would be great on a set of white cows or a set of blacks
Speaking of a Herf bull on whites, my old Hudson bull is working in a herd of Charolais cows right now.

Wow! I was ready for the worst! Thanks for the compliments. I thought he looked pretty decent, but I'm not an experienced cattleperson yet and wondered what kind of comments he would get.

Latest posts