KMacGinley

Reaction score
All sired by our OCC Legend 916S bull

Herefordheiferandheifers5210_008.jpg

Herefordheiferandheifers5210_016.jpg

Herefordheiferandheifers5210_012.jpg

And their sire...
Boston_and_cows_213.jpg

That's as fine a looking group as I have seen on here. That includes the sire. I liked him the first time you posted him. The pictures of his heifers seem to prove him out. I know I'd be happy with them.

fitz

Very nice. You don't look too short on grass either............how many cows do you have all together? Are all your cows BA?
Thanks for your pictures.

We have several cows... :) We have 3 herefords and 1 RN Reed (Kaper Cattle co.) Shorthorn. The rest are BA, registered.

KMac, that's a great looking group of heifers!

What bull are you going to breed them to?

I apologize if you've already answered that question somewhere - I don't follow all the threads. But, just looking at your bull, I'd say a linebreeding program might be in order.

George

We are going to use the 714T bull that is picture on the website, Tim said that he would throw calves less than 70 lbs all day long and he was right. 3 so far on the calving 916S daughters from 62 to 67 lbs. One of them is pictured in the rainy Sunday Thread. His sire is a bull called OCC Normalizer, who is an Emblazon x 816B product. His dam is Legend x Glory. He has the 1019 cow in his pedigree 8 times.

Thanks for the comment George, it means a lot coming from you.

alacattleman":5yg0i7iz said:
are you going to use that herf bull on them? they are a great looking bunch

Not right away, we are going to be AI ing the 2 year old sisters to them to Emblazon and Missing Link this summer and Use the Herf bull on some of our older Non Ohlde bred cows.

ga.prime":2351xjkg said:
Fine looking bunch. What went with the tail switch?

He has been missing it for awhile, I suppose he got it stepped on.

Thanks for the comments, I am very pleased with how things are going with these cattle. Super dispositions, calving ease and moderate size. The yearling sons are selling well, half of the ones I kept are now gone.

KMacGinley":1s0zjj4l said:
ga.prime":1s0zjj4l said:

Thanks for the comments, I am very pleased with how things are going with these cattle. Super dispositions, calving ease and moderate size. The yearling sons are selling well, half of the ones I kept are now gone.
come from kansas too fescue ?

alacattleman":bq7p1q3z said:
KMacGinley":bq7p1q3z said:
ga.prime":bq7p1q3z said:

come from kansas too fescue ?

We have no fescue up here. This is orchard, bluegrass, perennial ryegrass and brome country.

Latest posts