YAY we bought a trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

Hunny Do Ranch

Reaction score
Its an older trailer but we got a smokin deal on it. The people were moving and had to get rid of it we offered what we could afford and they accepted it and delivered it. Its a 23 ft stock trailer, 16 foot floor, center gate, slider, and side door. Its got some rusted though spots on the bottom but hubby is pretty handy ( thats why I hold onto him :p ) he said its no biggy to fix. We offered them $1400 for it. and I was shocked that they accepted it. They were asking $2000. Will be posting before and after pics. We are gonna paint it as well.

it will be so nice to have our own trailer again

Just be sure to check underneath for axle, leaf spring issues...not likely a problem but worth looking at. I'd spend some money to make sure I had good tires and lights. Sounds like y'all did good.

Farmer Z":3hcqxnrd said:
Just be sure to check underneath for axle, leaf spring issues...not likely a problem but worth looking at. I'd spend some money to make sure I had good tires and lights. Sounds like y'all did good.

The trailer is sound and EVERYTHING works. My hubby is a millwright/ jack of all trades and is good at it. He is also a welder/Fabricator so it should be all good. Its not our first trailer. It's exciting to not have to rent one anymore. Such a pain in the butt to drive 30 mins pick it up come home load and have to get the trailer back on time. :lol:

Having a spouse that's a millwright/welder/fabricator type is a good thing down on the farm! My wife did send me an email the other date telling me that a cow had a calf but that's about the extent of her farming (ha). By the way, along with raising cattle, I'm a 6th grade teacher. My students have enjoyed studying Canada this year in our Social Studies / Western Hemisphere class. We had a unit on British Columbia. It looks like a beautiful place. Y'all take care.

Sounds like a great deal ! There is nothing like being able to haul your own cattle .

Larry

Latest posts