62510021.jpg

really apart

62510040.jpg

Ready to go first half

62510051.jpg

Out of the way.

62510056.jpg

New view out our front door. :D

The old saying ( nothing between you and the North Pole but a barb wire fence) I believe that fits your area. Bet the wind in bad in winter.

cowboy43":24uvdkvr said:
The old saying ( nothing between you and the North Pole but a barb wire fence) I believe that fits your area. Bet the wind in bad in winter.
I think cowboy43 has made an interesting observation. You need some trees for a windbreak and to lend eye appeal to your landscape..
Out of the goodness of my heart I am willing to give you as many trees as you , and all your neighbors, want.

They are beautiful Chinese Tallow Trees. :nod:
You only have to come and dig them up and haul them back to your place.
If anybody tells you that they are trash trees and once started they multiply so fast you can't stop them, don't lsten to them. :stop: They are just putting you on. :lol:

Hey guys that is where we are building a new house. :D :D

We got the one Russian Olive and my orchard is to the left. Going to have alot of lilacs planted once the house is up.

Glad the other worked itself out. I know you are excited. I want to see the pictures of the ground breaking ceremony! :tiphat:

I was looking way beyond your home site back in the hills for miles, it looks just rolling hills with no trees to break the wind,

The area looks really neat I'd love somewhere like that, why have you split the house in two? and how long do you think it will be before the real house is ready? so many questions sorry can't help being nosiey.

Ask away Chrisy.

That was a double wide trailer house, similar to the modular houses of today. The only way to get it out was to spilt it and put the hitches and wheels back under it and pull it out. That is the way it was built at the factory in 2 pieces.

The guys doing the basement foundation should hopefully be here next week. The rain we have had has set them back 2 weeks but I would rather have the rain then the really hot weather. :D
Need to call the plumber and get him set on a date to be here.
Now that the trailer is out he wants to look at the site and see where all the water and sewer lines are at.

We are scheduled for the logs to be delivered the first of August. Ran into our friend who has a crane and told him when we would need him, he is going to check his schedule.

Since we are to be working on it ourselves and when we have money available we hope to finish it out in 4 years.

Well Jo nothing yet other then the plumber being out today. Ran a camera down the line and found one problem.
The pipe is 3" and what he is going to lay out is 4".

After MUCH discussion hubby and I agreed that replacing the 3" with the 4" all the way is the thing to do.
Other then that it is set just fine.

On an even better note I picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey, Jose Quervo Black and some Blackberry Brandy.
So we are set for the ground breaking. :banana: :banana:

I think this house building is going to turn me into a drunk. ;-)

Latest posts