Wow!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Just learned if I pay $14,439.75 per year to a certain group they will certify that my beef is Sustainable and they will also certify that my carbon footprint is negligible. They will also give instructions on how I can get a few more certifications but I'm not sure if that is extra or not. One step at a time.

You really shouldn't sell yourself short after all you are certifying that I'm sustainable and that is worth .... um .... well to be honest I don't know what that's worth if its worth anything. Sure sounds trendy though doesn't it? :lol2:

Some city idiot would probably go for that for planting his window box garden.

Yeah, it sounds so PC and all. Just a hunch but I'm thinking there may be more money in certifying stuff than producing stuff.

I can put you in touch with a guy that will certify your cows get the proper amount of dietary sulphur.

Jogeephus":x4guovtp said:
Yeah, it sounds so PC and all. Just a hunch but I'm thinking there may be more money in certifying stuff than producing stuff.
If you decide to get certified give me a call. I sell frames for these "suitable for framing" certifications. :lol:

You could sell your beef to some stupid city folks for WAY OVER market price maybe $50.00 a lb to start and see how it sells :lol:

ez14":a8obsxmc said:
You could sell your beef to some stupid city folks for WAY OVER market price maybe $50.00 a lb to start and see how it sells :lol:

While you are joking some people will pay that.

Jogeephus":3o6a9hyr said:
What the heck are you talking about? You inferring these fine folks aren't part of the global economy?
They're producing...........certificates!!
(just make sure you also get, for each sustainable/carbon footprint certificate, a certificate of authenticity so folks will know you're legit and didn't have it printed up by one the the imitators that have offered to do it at a cut rate price--like JMJ.)

There is a guy I know that operates as S______ Sustainable Farm. Organic chicken and eggs, pork and beef (note that the pork and beef aren't organic but if you read it fast enough....) Sells his produce up in Seattle and Bellevue. Eggs are $7.00 a dozen. Whole chicken is $6.00 a pound and the price goes up a lot for things like boneless breast. Hamburger is $7.00 and the better steaks are about $25.00 a pound. What he lacks in price he makes up for in volume. He has 900 laying hens, butchers just under 400 meat birds a week, and goes through 2 steers a month. He is somehow managing to squeak by. And he is Sustainable so it is worth every dime.

But wait, there's more....

for the next 59 minutes we will include a 2nd Sustainable Farm certificate, to be used at your discretion. That's right, not one, but two Sustainable Farm certificates for the low low price of $15k. plus $39.95 shipping and handling.

offer not valid in some states, or any states, certificate valid for 1 year, then must be renewed at annual rate of $72 million, tax, tag, title and dealer prep fees not included. you are a complete moron for paying for this, but it will look nice framed at your booth at the Farmers Market and hippies will probably think it's awesome.

Jogeephus":bmio6cvo said:
Just learned if I pay $14,439.75 per year to a certain group they will certify that my beef is Sustainable and they will also certify that my carbon footprint is negligible. They will also give instructions on how I can get a few more certifications but I'm not sure if that is extra or not. One step at a time.

You NEVER fart? I need to see a certificate.

My head is buzzing with the sound of cognitive dissonance. Half of my brain says I need to prove that my business is sustainable but the other half insists that if I pay that kinda money my business will no longer be sustainable... Nevermind. the buzzing is just my tinitis again.

greybeard":15lgw54x said:
Jogeephus":15lgw54x said:
What the heck are you talking about? You inferring these fine folks aren't part of the global economy?
They're producing...........certificates!!
(just make sure you also get, for each sustainable/carbon footprint certificate, a certificate of authenticity so folks will know you're legit and didn't have it printed up by one the the imitators that have offered to do it at a cut rate price--like JMJ.)

GB, since you are a Texan, I will authenticate your operation and send you a FRAMED certificate for only $7500. I will even sign it. But don't tell Joe bc I charged him $10k. :lol2:

skyhightree1":36ub6kot said:
ez14":36ub6kot said:

Well if you can get that much you will only have to sell 28879.5 lb of beef to get it back then just a little more to make up for other costs

ez14":mviwe42s said:
skyhightree1":mviwe42s said:
ez14":mviwe42s said:

Well if you can get that much you will only have to sell 28879.5 lb of beef to get it back then just a little more to make up for other costs

At $50 a pound he only needs to sell 288.8 pounds to break even! Then Joe would be raking it in hand over fist :lol2:

I am starting a new business to certify that the Certifiers are properly certifying, using only the most advanced, ISO 10 million Six Sigma Jack Welch and Ronson-certified program.*

* As seen on TV. (Late-nite basic cable). Some restrictions apply. And how.

boondocks":2yaopm9j said:
I am starting a new business to certify that the Certifiers are properly certifying, using only the most advanced, ISO 10 million Six Sigma Jack Welch and Ronson-certified program.*

To certify the certifier. Ingenious!

I stopped by one of these "natural" stores that sells this type stuff and recently had its grand opening. I have to say I was impressed with the amount of money invested in the facilities. As for the foods, I don't see how someone can pay this much for food but whoever invested this much money in a building has to believe they can.

Latest posts