Would you use a classified section?

Help Support CattleToday:

Would you like to see a classified section on CattleToday?

• Yes

Votes: 197 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 11.3%

• Total voters
As far as a classified section, some said no. Just curious, why?
It's really about distances. There are probably more Texans than anything else on these threads, but Texas is an enormous state. Other than that, how far are people going to be willing to drive to buy anything when it's likely they can find anything worth driving to get within 500 miles or less? Most likely within 100 miles. If there were enough members that the average distance between them was 20 miles we would have enough people to make it useful... maybe. Basically we need a hundred people advertising something within driving distance for whatever it is we want. Of course there are people that will drive across the country for a good deal on a well used doughnut, but I'm not one of them.

It's really about distances. There are probably more Texans than anything else on these threads, but Texas is an enormous state. Other than that, how far are people going to be willing to drive to buy anything when it's likely they can find anything worth driving to get within 500 miles or less? Most likely within 100 miles. If there were enough members that the average distance between them was 20 miles we would have enough people to make it useful... maybe. Basically we need a hundred people advertising something within driving distance for whatever it is we want. Of course there are people that will drive across the country for a good deal on a well used doughnut, but I'm not one of them.
Ol' son, 100 miles is next door for most Texans.

Like to find an affordable drill.
Honest to God... if I won the lottery the first thing I would do is start a company that makes decent battery powered tools with good battery capacity and replacement batteries that aren't outrageously priced. And set up a recycling system to mine the rare metals from my own batteries, maybe an exchange program...

Honest to God... if I won the lottery the first thing I would do is start a company that makes decent battery powered tools with good battery capacity and replacement batteries that aren't outrageously priced. And set up a recycling system to mine the rare metals from my own batteries, maybe an exchange program...
I like it.

You seen the knockoff batteries and tools on Amazon? Dewalt and Milwaukee clones. Batteries work on branded tools. I've been using them. No problems.

I was curious and you're right over 1000 miles (1850 km) round trip and not easy travelling over those mountain passes. Good point!
For a really big ticket item at a great price it might be worth it.. or for an item that can be shipped.. cross border shipping of course makes most good prices ridiculous

I don't understand why anyone would be against it.
Just don't go there if your not interested, if your interested, it's there.
I just like browsing through classified adds.
I have bought a few things from people hrs away, sometimes we were able to cross paths and able to make the deal.
Exactly.
I've bought a tractor and a shaver post driver and I've sold some fence materials a couple of times through cattle today with no classified section.
I think as long as you have to have say 25 post to use it . It would be a good thing.

Latest posts