Would you use a classified section?

Help Support CattleToday:

Would you like to see a classified section on CattleToday?

• Yes

Votes: 197 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 11.3%

• Total voters
When you go to the sale, do they run the ones you want to buy first or do you have to sit through it like the rest of us?
Irrelevant, since they sell livestock at the sale and that is the expectation at the door. There's no reason not to ask for guns and deer feeders to be listed separately from animals and implements. I guarantee you that if you went to the sale barn and had to sit there while the auctioneer auctioned off his spare shotguns and for one of the pen workers to get a satisfactory bid on his dirt bike before the auction could begin you'd be asking if these things could be sold somewhere else.

When you go to the sale, do they run the ones you want to buy first or do you have to sit through it like the rest of us?
If I want to buy cattle, I go to a cattle auction, if I want equipment, I go to an equipment auction.
Your question doesn't make much sense.

The thread is "Would you use a classified section?'' A blind man with a broken stick can figure out how that will turn out!
C T is already inundated with every. I'll give you 3 cents for a nickel trick in the book. You people need to ask yourselves
Is CT going to accept any legal responsibility for misrepresentation of a service or product offered on these pages?
I realize there are a number of you who know each other and there is a modicum of trust expressed and implied in the
day to day interchange of ideas. My guess is CT will require that a (Release of Liability) will be a prerequisite for posting
in a classified section. What some of you may not realize is who and how many are on the internet looking for any
inroad they can find to relieve you of anything of value with no compensation. In short the risk to reward ratio is too
great to consider, < period
They already allow politics. How much more could you misrepresent anything than with politics.

They already allow politics. How much more could you misrepresent anything than with politics.
Kenny. Take the time to check the [Political, Religious, Controversial] topics post for the last 30 days and you will see
that it is for all intents and purposes, dead in the water. Todays offering is no more than a post from Fox News that could
have been posted in the Coffee Shop or Everything Else postings. You are forbidden to mention Country of origin labeling
except in the political forum.
I can tell you I risk being banned (again) were I to post from the want ads in the Jerusalem Post in Ivrit ( Hebrew to you) for making
a religious comment in the wrong topic format. Oh well, they tried to kill us but they couldn't do it so we might as well eat.
For you a respectful, Keep on Truck'in ! LVR

Of course not, but I do see the merits in having the classified section subdivided.
I've seen it both ways.

To be honest one big classified section has grown on me, especially with smaller forums like this. TBH is like that and it faster to scroll one section than to click, click, click through a bunch of sections. It also gets more looks imo.

I've seen it both ways.

To be honest one big classified section has grown on me, especially with smaller forums like this. TBH is like that and it faster to scroll one section than to click, click, click through a bunch of sections. It also gets more looks imo.
This I can also see being a good thing. Reckon we'll run it how they bring it either way.

Some of yall must not go to other forums 🤔

Usually you have to have x amount of general posts before you can post in the classifieds. That solves a lot of issues.

Generally, just because it's a cattle forum doesn't mean the classifieds would only be for cattle.
Brute
That is what I perceived when first brought up. Just a medium for the members to share things that are no longer needed with the others on this forum. It should not be allowed to grow to the point that the main purpose is no longer about cattle. I feel that breaking it up into different sections would start that spread and could be the downfall of CT. Hell, if you're not interested don't visit that forum, but don't grow it into something that it is not. I saw it as maybe a headgate or plow etc no longer needed. Mileage doesn't seem to deter people today if they want it. My neighbor just drove 200 miles to meet up with a hauler that picked up a tractor he bought online from over 1000 miles away. I may not have done that, but we all have to make those decisions on our own, We can't let others force us to the sidelines while they rape and pillage our Free Country, because if we allow it they most certainly will destroy us. My 2 cents.

Brute
That is what I perceived when first brought up. Just a medium for the members to share things that are no longer needed with the others on this forum. It should not be allowed to grow to the point that the main purpose is no longer about cattle. I feel that breaking it up into different sections would start that spread and could be the downfall of CT. Hell, if you're not interested don't visit that forum, but don't grow it into something that it is not. I saw it as maybe a headgate or plow etc no longer needed. Mileage doesn't seem to deter people today if they want it. My neighbor just drove 200 miles to meet up with a hauler that picked up a tractor he bought online from over 1000 miles away. I may not have done that, but we all have to make those decisions on our own, We can't let others force us to the sidelines while they rape and pillage our Free Country, because if we allow it they most certainly will destroy us. My 2 cents.
Neighbor just sold a bull to some folks in Colorado. They met halfway for a trailer swap.

Biggest difficulty was health papers and brand inspection. The animal was not branded. It all worked out tho

Irrelevant, since they sell livestock at the sale and that is the expectation at the door. There's no reason not to ask for guns and deer feeders to be listed separately from animals and implements. I guarantee you that if you went to the sale barn and had to sit there while the auctioneer auctioned off his spare shotguns and for one of the pen workers to get a satisfactory bid on his dirt bike before the auction could begin you'd be asking if these things could be sold somewhere else.
I've been to lots of non-livestock auctions and have yet to see one that separated the "good stuff" or "Man stuff" from every thing else. They mix it up so the less desirable stuff gets shown to all the bidders, otherwise, lots of buyers would leave after all the 'good stuff' was auctioned off if they put that 'good stuff' at the beginning.

But, classifieds either in newspapers (do they still have those?) and websites are usually different. Different sections for different type stuff. Autos, appliances, farm, clothing, stuffed dogs/cats, ashes from the Alamo etc...

Last edited:
I've been to lots of non-livestock auctions and have yet to see one that separated the "good stuff" or "Man stuff" from every thing else. They mix it up so the less desirable stuff gets shown to all the bidders, otherwise, lots of buyers would leave after all the 'good stuff' was auctioned off if they put that 'good stuff' at the beginning.

But, classifieds either in newspapers (do they still have those?) and websites are usually different. Different sections for different type stuff. Autos, appliances, farm, clothing, stuffed dogs/cats, ashes from the Alamo etc...
Most of the bigger auctions I've been to that have a bit of everything tend to sell by type as much as they can, and yes they still have classifieds in papers and also dedicated classifieds publications.

As far as a classified section, some said no. Just curious, why?
Notice how we criticize in the thread "Craig's List Cattle" Just seems like another place for people to get their products criticized.
Some of it is people are not able to take a joke others take it to far.
Either way the thought just doesn't appeal to me.