Would anyone be interested in....

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Coming down to Louisiana for some southern hospitality this spring, Maybe late April? I'm thinking of having a get together for CT members that would want to attend. I'm cajun, so there would be crawfish, seafood, drinks, etc, but family oriented. I'm thinking a Crowder party cajun style (Crowder gave a good one several years ago).

I had the pleasure of meeting another CT member this past weekend, and I must say that every member I've met (about 10 now) - I have never been disappointed. We have some really nice people on the board.

If you would be interested you could either post or pm me. Even if no one shows, I'll "pass a good time" alone! :lol2:

would love to but can't get away that time of yr with weaning and getting started in hay
one of these days I am gonna try and make it down but end of July and maybe a few days in November are about the only time I can get away unless I leave the wife at home to take care of things

cypressfarms":114b7zmy said:
Coming down to Louisiana for some southern hospitality this spring, Maybe late April? I'm thinking of having a get together for CT members that would want to attend. I'm cajun, so there would be crawfish, seafood, drinks, etc, but family oriented. I'm thinking a Crowder party cajun style (Crowder gave a good one several years ago).

I had the pleasure of meeting another CT member this past weekend, and I must say that every member I've met (about 10 now) - I have never been disappointed. We have some really nice people on the board.

If you would be interested you could either post or pm me. Even if no one shows, I'll "pass a good time" alone! :lol2:
Gasp! Where's the beef? :shock: :lol:

Now that is a heck of an invite Cypress .. Thank you .. :tiphat:

Nikki goes back in for surgery on her other hip around then so I will be on doggy nurse duty for a month with her again . Also weather is still crappy here that time of year.
Darn cattle and cattle dog, wish we could come . Being tied down all the time in this business really does get frustrating.

Maybe one of these days I will finally have everything set up that I can venture away for a few days or heaven forbid an actual holiday again.

Thanks again, what a generous offer and sounds like a great time to be had by all.. :wave:

I can have beef anytime, give me fresh seafood and blackened catfish.. :nod:

Isomade":15zgpm2e said:

Beef is too expensive!, Besides, do you know how many complaints you'd get trying to feed beef "experts"? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It looks like many, many people will be busy calving in the Spring; I didn't think about that because normally by April I'm done calving. Maybe we should move it back some to the early summer like June or July? I'm open to any suggestions. I'll even make some red beans and rice for those brave enough to try it.

One warning, though, Louisiana in June or July is not for the faint of heart. Our northern friends might have trouble breathing down here. You know, unless you have brahman blood, it may be hard to adapt.

I would love to come anytime you have it. Will be glad to bring any supplies that are needed. Nephews can watch the place for a few days. I have never met any of the crew. It would be a great time to thank them face to face for all the info.

cypressfarms":c8nsq169 said:
Isomade":c8nsq169 said:

Beef is too expensive!, Besides, do you know how many complaints you'd get trying to feed beef "experts"? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It looks like many, many people will be busy calving in the Spring; I didn't think about that because normally by April I'm done calving. Maybe we should move it back some to the early summer like June or July? I'm open to any suggestions. I'll even make some red beans and rice for those brave enough to try it.

One warning, though, Louisiana in June or July is not for the faint of heart. Our northern friends might have trouble breathing down here. You know, unless you have brahman blood, it may be hard to adapt.
Louisiana at that time of the year ain't no big deal for me an maybe we could start a board like you do for a ball game to see how fast the first northerner goes down. (Just kidding y'all)

I'd like to go but I never no from one day to the next what will be on my table. Can't plan anything but if I can I will and will be happy to help any way I can.

cypressfarms":2cugw5d5 said:

I don't know.........I told you my friend's ( your neighbor) name the other day and have not heard from you since..........are Texans invited ? Is my friend Brian Phillips trouble ? How about changing the date to opening day and I will come even if I am not invited..........:)

papavillars":1tu6v382 said:
I would love to come anytime you have it. Will be glad to bring any supplies that are needed. Nephews can watch the place for a few days. I have never met any of the crew. It would be a great time to thank them face to face for all the info.
Where are you from?

I had to look and see where you are but then I realized on my last trip to east Texas I passed through your town. What's 800 miles, I will try to be there, just let me know when.

Kingfisher":3dued7w3 said:
I don't know.........I told you my friend's ( your neighbor) name the other day and have not heard from you since..........are Texans invited ? Is my friend Brian Phillips trouble ? How about changing the date to opening day and I will come even if I am not invited..........:)

Ofcourse Texans are invited! I don't know Brian Phillips, but where I live has been moved in on by a lot of people from Baton Rouge looking for a nicer, less violent place to stay. There's no way to know all of 'em.

Opening day of what? There really wouldn't be any "crashers". I was thinking of having something over a weekend and let people come and go as they want, very informal and relaxed.

I'm pretty well in the same boat as Jo. My family jokes that I'm the ranch manager, and by that they mean I get the jobs no one else wants to do or they won't make the time for. But I've always thought I'd like to see more of Louisiana.

"Opening day of what?"

Duck hunting season ! :) Why else would anybody go to La except maybe the food and the pretty woman! Peace.

Jogeephus":1g31q63h said:
I'd like to go but I never no from one day to the next what will be on my table. Can't plan anything but if I can I will and will be happy to help any way I can.

same here. story of my life. cant even make plans to meet up with friends in town for lunch. i either show up or i dont. rule of thumb: if you have to send me a RSVP just put me down as a "no".

I am one of the closest one's but I dont own any livestock yet..lol So I cant really say I am part of the forums I have nothing to offer as of right now..lol I dont think anyone would want to be around a cop anyways..rofl

Hoppy72450":3001otsk said:
I am one of the closest one's but I dont own any livestock yet..lol So I cant really say I am part of the forums I have nothing to offer as of right now..lol I dont think anyone would want to be around a cop anyways..rofl

WRONG!

I don't think that we'll sit around and talk about how great cattlemen we are. This is just to relax and meet some new people who have some common interests. Will cattle talk come up? Sure, but I bet so will a lot of other things. This is more a "party" than a field learning day. If it were a field learning day, we'd have to have it somewhere else!

Well I will be more then glad to come as long as You all get a date set.. That way I can know what days to take my comp time on..lol

Latest posts