wormer?

Help Support CattleToday:

redsimangus

Reaction score
was wondering what wormer you guys would recommend for some feeder calves. would you use a injectable or an oral or what????

Ivomec Plus Injectable and tube with something else at the same time.
Pour ons only help with lice and flys. Their not real effective on the worms.

Using pour on wormers will only get you closer to resistance faster. At least that's what my vet says. Everything I read nowadays says rotating will to. Pick one and use it until it's no longer effective and then switch. Use fly spray or fly pour on for flies.

TennesseeTuxedo":1uf4kec8 said:
branguscowgirl":1uf4kec8 said:
Ivomec Plus Injectable and tube with something else at the same time.
Pour ons only help with lice and flys. Their not real effective on the worms.

Thanks Brangusncowgirl, I just love using pour ons.
I like the convenience of pour ons also TT. But the studies are pretty clear on the matter. A while back we had a real good thread where someone posted a video of a speaker on the subject. It was very educational. They performed the trials all the way through slaughter.

Dectomax inj is what ive been using, several folks around here went to Longrange. I already had mine done before the rep came so i didnt do them again but next year i will be using it, it is pricey but the fly control seems to work, theres were done May, and June horn flies are at a very minimum and supposedly the wormer itself is like time release over 30 days. Vet didnt recomend it to strong for fall and winter but for spring and summer pushes it real hard.