Working at the Stockyards LOTS of PICS

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown":10b71z6g said:
what?":10b71z6g said:
randiliana":10b71z6g said:
Almost all cattle in this country are branded, so if there is a problem they can figure out the owner by the brand.
in the past i've bought bulls to feed out. try bringing a load of those back to resell without branding papers a person won't get real far. hoping you brought the right 25 for the load your hauling

Also it is mandatory that every animal has a RFID tag. Since BSE Canada now has one of the best trace back systems around..

Great pics Randi . I just got wireless high speed today so was able to finally look at them all.

Yeah, but the RFID doesn't do much, since you can't look up the numbers to see who owns them. The only time they have been any assistance, has been with age verified calves. They have a piece of paper following them that has the owner and the tag #'s on it.

Isn't that wireless a wonderful thing!! We have had it for about 2 weeks now, and I just love it :banana:

Thanks for the great pictures. Our local sale barn is pretty much covered and there are a few catwalks as you get closer to the sales pen.

You can tell you folks don't get a lot of - umh, how shall I say it - unruly cattle in for sale. That auctioneers podium is WAY too low and exposed for anything around this part of Texas. That feller might have one of them gray and black Brahman bulls in the chair with him if he was sittin' that close down here. :lol:

By the way, I got over to Saskatche.... (however you spell it) several years ago. Spent a week in Kerobert (again, spelling) in February! Got to see two seasons within that week - Winter and Summer. For about 4 hours the temp got up to low 60's F and shortly after that a blizzard blew in. Total white out. Took me about three hours to get out of the field by being towed by a Cat and then another two hours to get ten miles back to town. Had to stay in some nice folks basement because the kurling team took my reservations at the Wild Goose Motel. Go figure.

Again, good job.

lavacarancher":3r2myiyd said:
Thanks for the great pictures. Our local sale barn is pretty much covered and there are a few catwalks as you get closer to the sales pen.

You can tell you folks don't get a lot of - umh, how shall I say it - unruly cattle in for sale. That auctioneers podium is WAY too low and exposed for anything around this part of Texas. That feller might have one of them gray and black Brahman bulls in the chair with him if he was sittin' that close down here. :lol:

By the way, I got over to Saskatche.... (however you spell it) several years ago. Spent a week in Kerobert (again, spelling) in February! Got to see two seasons within that week - Winter and Summer. For about 4 hours the temp got up to low 60's F and shortly after that a blizzard blew in. Total white out. Took me about three hours to get out of the field by being towed by a Cat and then another two hours to get ten miles back to town. Had to stay in some nice folks basement because the kurling team took my reservations at the Wild Goose Motel. Go figure.

Again, good job.

You're welcome, I'm glad you are enjoying them. We get some unruly cattle, but they are usually busy with the ringmen :lol: to worry about the auctioneer or buyers row :banana: . Haven't had any make it up that high yet.

Well, then, you got to enjoy all of our charms, winter and spring all in one day. Come in about Sept and you can experience 100 degree weather one day, and then near freezing temps the next day. It is all fun and games ;-) . Gotta expect little things like losing your room to a curling team, after all what else would we do up here all winter if there wasn't curling, it is very, very important, you know :lol2: :lol2: :???:

randiliana said:
Gotta expect little things like losing your room to a curling team, after all what else would we do up here all winter if there wasn't curling, it is very, very important, you know :lol2: :lol2: :???:[/
quote]

Ya eh , it's either a curling team or hockey team that takes your room..LMAO that is so freaking true... :lol2: :clap:
When I took my AI course a few years ago they rented the whole floor out to peewee hockey teams and I was the only room that was not incorporated with them ...I could have strangled the little buggers by the second night,,they were still running around at midnight and I had to be up and out of my room for my course by 6:30 am,,I am not as young as I used to be and need at least a couple of hours sleep.. :cowboy:

Latest posts