work boots?

Help Support CattleToday:

For a lace up leather boot I wear Danner's. They are made in USA and out last anything else I have ever tried. In the winter when I am slogging through mud everyday I wear either laccross or xtra tuff rubber boots with 16 inch tops.

Red Wings. Takes about a year to get them broken in good and then I get a year or two of comfortable wear out of them.

LimiMan wrote:
RedWing...Made in the USA, enough said.

Not so fast, my friend. I'm wearing a pair of Red Wings now for that very reason, only the tongue of the boot clearly says Made in China. I was not a happy camper.

Justin Men's Work Boot # 4760

Don't care where they are made. There's nothing better.

ETF":ne8xdz0f said:
LimiMan wrote:
RedWing...Made in the USA, enough said.

Not so fast, my friend. I'm wearing a pair of Red Wings now for that very reason, only the tongue of the boot clearly says Made in China. I was not a happy camper.

mine say made in usa. I just bought this pair in january

Ya'll like to spend more money than me. I know they are made in China but I am wearing Brahmas. Leather, high topped, insulated, steel toe, water resistant, lace ups. ($29.99 to 39.99). They ARE very vulnerable to the sole ripping out on the inside side (that may have something to do with my gait). We used to have a boot/shoe repair guy here who would sue me a patch on the outside that covered up that hole nicely for about $8. I have had them last 15 months with the added patch (the sole wears through in that time) and have blown up a boot in 3 months too. Most usually are good for six months; though my Brahmas and a set of pull up knee high rubber junk for heavy barn cleaning, and crappie fishing from the shore are the only shoes I own.

I've tried the Redwings (thin leather and stitching) and Wolverines (soles coming apart) and neither one held up. My little Sister use to work at our local western store while in dental school and said thay had the most problems with the redwings and wolverines. I've tried the cheaper boots but they just hurt my feet if I stand all day.

The Justin and Georgia "Workboots" are the only ones I know of that the leather is treated for "barnyard chemicals" ;-) . If you are going to be staying in water/mud a lot you can not beat the Georgia muddog. I wear Justin and Georgia the Justin seems to last a bit longer than the Georgia but the Georgia feel better to my feet, knees and back.

Caterpillar steel toe lace ups for farm work. They cost me about $80 and last 2 sometimes three years and they have been in everything you can imagine. If they get hard from being wet I usually just spray them down with WD40 and go on. I did notice the last pair I bought was made in China though. Deere has boots that look just like the Cats. They too say "Made In China". Oh, well I like them.

Years ago Durango made a boot from (advertised as ) Water Buffalo hide. If they didn;t fit when you first put them on they still wouldn;t fit 5 years later when they needed resoling.

I picked up a nice pair of Timberlands from Tractor Supply a year ago when I was in Grand Forks. They are steel toed and very comfortable. I wear them every day and they still seem to be holding together well.

Brute 23":2t8a6aqm said:
I have more boots than I would like to list... most women ain't got _hit on me. :(
I might actually have you on this...howm any pairs of boots do you have?

Muck Boots ... can be shoes, ankle high, or to the knee But only clod weather can buy 60 to 120 dollars....They are great
I wear my Red wings in good weather conditions at 180$ a pair I take good care of them

I grew up in a Whites Boots household. I inhereted my grandfathers whites when I was 15 and wore them until I could afford my own pair. Cost: My current two pair are costing me around $80 a year for both ($40 per pair) and going down each additonal year they last, going on 9 years now with one resole job done. I wear two different pairs and let them dry out every other day, that is the key to making leather boots last, that and a good boot gease regularly applied (also figured in annual cost) My first pair didn't last as long because I wore them fighting forest fires and didn't get the chance to let them dry out (hard to do when I was wearing them 14-18 hours a day some days).

My dad's oldest pair of still working boots is around 25 years old and have been rebuilt twice and resoled numerous times. His cost including the rebuilds and resoles is less than $25 a year but then again they didn't cost much back then. He too destroyed his first pair due to neglect and abuse.

In the winter when its cold I wear Whites Pacs (they are a pain to take on and off). Spring/muddy situations I wear Lacrosse knee boots I have both insulated and uninsulated (they are really easy to take on and off).

You get what you pay for but things only last as well as you take care of them. Comfortable feet are very important to me and worth the inital investment.

Oh by the way Whites are still hand made in Spokane WA. You can watch them make them.
Except their pacs I think they are half made in korea and assembled here is the US. (not sure)

Leather boots:
http://www.whitesoutdoor.com/store/product.php?category=Boots&id=700
Winter Pac boots:
http://www.whitesoutdoor.com/store/sub-category.php?category=Boots&id=Boots|Whites+Pacs
Knee high rubber boots:
http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product/work+boots/rubber+/zxt+knee+boot+-++16''.do
Boot Grease:
http://www.obenaufs.com/lp.php?osCsid=8b1f66e2349b899fe341d32df5537869

-RSC

tncattle":gdkm9wur said:
Time to get some new work boots that will hold up to cattle conditions. Tell me what is the best for:

1. Good for cold and wet conditions
2. Also good for hot weather conditions
3. comfortable
4. tough and durable
5. don't want to mortgage the house to buy them

I know you usually get what you pay for

When I went for tracking, I bought a pair of shoes that had same qualities as you have mentioned. I bought it 3 years ago and you won't believe still it looks new. I bought it from Indestructible Shoes. You can also buy it from there. They have good products at affordable price.

Latest posts