work boots?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Time to get some new work boots that will hold up to cattle conditions. Tell me what is the best for:

1. Good for cold and wet conditions
2. Also good for hot weather conditions
3. comfortable
4. tough and durable
5. don't want to mortgage the house to buy them

I know you usually get what you pay for

I wear a pair of Ariat low cut boots sort of like the Justin Chukkas. They're waterproof, lightweight and extremely comfortable. This is my first pair so time will tell how long they will last but for comfort I've never had anything better. Think they were less that $90 at Cavenders. Summertime I usually just wear shorts and tennis shoes.

I have more boots than I would like to list... most women ain't got _hit on me. :(

THe pair I grab of just all around every day stuff is a pair of slip on, steel toe, Wolverine Durashocks. THey are comfortable for me, hold up good, cost around $150. :D

you want water tight boots.an you want high tops to support your ankles.an you also want comfortable boots.

I use MudDogs by Georga Boot rain or shine, summer and winter and absolutely love em. My place has several shallow streams I need to cross and they do the trick. The soles are what I used to call vibram soles, I don't know what they call em now. My feet do sweat in em in the summer, but I am suprised how comfortable they are. I think they're about $90.

I've had this pair for three years and the liner has wore out on em along with the soles. I'm figuring this year I'll have to get another pair.

Edited to add- Oh yeah, I forgot to tellyou that unless you put in foot powder early and often, they do a good job of keepin the women off you too. Not that women come at me from all directions, but the smell keeps my wife beyond nagging distance..... :)

edited to add again- ummmm... what Gerard said... I gotta read these things before I post..........

The Bachelor":2lubd05o said:
I use MudDogs by Georga Boot rain or shine, summer and winter and absolutely love em. My place has several shallow streams I need to cross and they do the trick. The soles are what I used to call vibram soles, I don't know what they call em now. My feet do sweat in em in the summer, but I am suprised how comfortable they are. I think they're about $90.

I've had this pair for three years and the liner has wore out on em along with the soles. I'm figuring this year I'll have to get another pair.

Edited to add- Oh yeah, I forgot to tellyou that unless you put in foot powder early and often, they do a good job of keepin the women off you too. Not that women come at me from all directions, but the smell keeps my wife beyond nagging distance..... :)

edited to add again- ummmm... what Gerard said... I gotta read these things before I post..........

Ya, those are good boots minus the smell and weighing a ton. They hold up. :D

I where a pair of cabelas boots that are mostly ballistic nylon upper and lowers with thinsulate and gortex linings

Been very satisfied with a pair of muck boots this winter for $70. I have been breaking in pair of red wing pecos all winter to have them ready for spring They run around $130 I usually about 10 years out of the red wings if you count the last two years that they are air conditioned. I think alot depends on wearin the right boot for the job and taking care of what you have. But I can't talk I suck at maintance. :oops:

my favorite is wolverine's, lace up gore-tex lined with 800mg thinsulate. wear them year round. they are the only boot i've worn that is waterproof. if laced tight you can stand in water deeper than your boots are tall and your feet will absolutely stay dry. the only fault is the soles won't last me more than a couple of years. but even after they start to come apart from the leather uppers-they still are totally waterproof.

ROB

ROB":1j46sqe3 said:
my favorite is wolverine's, lace up gore-tex lined with 800mg thinsulate. wear them year round. they are the only boot i've worn that is waterproof. if laced tight you can stand in water deeper than your boots are tall and your feet will absolutely stay dry. the only fault is the soles won't last me more than a couple of years. but even after they start to come apart from the leather uppers-they still are totally waterproof.

ROB

Rob, where did you buy these your Wolverines? This is what I'm looking for, something to wear year round. Wow, a lot of other great info as well!

tncattle":3dlncns0 said:
ROB":3dlncns0 said:

ROB

Rob, where did you buy these your Wolverines? This is what I'm looking for, something to wear year round. Wow, a lot of other great info as well!

tncattle, cabelas has them- or at least they did the last time i checked. about $90, you can also get them in wide widths if needed.

ROB

Two years ago I would have said something different.

I have to go through metal detectors and explosive detectors all the time at work. So I resolved to go with composite toed (in lieu of steel toe) work boots. Got a pair of the Converse composite toe shoes and wound up wearing them practically all the time. High top and the rocks stay out of them. Safety toed so if a calf steps on them it is no big deal. They are leather type tennis shoes and comfortable. $119 but they've already got two hard years on them. The soles held up well.

They're not so much a cold weather type of thing but I always mink oil everything and they seem to turn water well. No break in time required. They feel good right out of the box. Light and durable at the same time. Probably not to stylish around the sale barn and what not but who cares?

gerardplauche":3mh7n7fq said:
I just bought a pair of MUD DOGS by Georgia Boots and I love them They are steel toe, rubber bottoms with leather tops, and have the finger holes at the top to pull them on. They set me back $90.00.

I have been wearing Dura Shocks, but the water and mud tears them up too fast.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... 01053-5655

I have the same pair of Georgia Boots and I would highly recomend them :nod: :nod:

backhoeboogie":2fozgzoa said:
They're not so much a cold weather type of thing but I always mink oil everything and they seem to turn water well. No break in time required. They feel good right out of the box. Light and durable at the same time. Probably not to stylish around the sale barn and what not but who cares?

No problem as long as they're not red. :lol2: Comfort means everything to me so I prefer the boots mentioned above as well as my tennis shoes. I'm old and slow but probably half step faster in tennis shoes than boots. :cry2: :cry2:

ROB":2e7qhp84 said:
tncattle":2e7qhp84 said:
ROB":2e7qhp84 said:

ROB

tncattle, cabelas has them- or at least they did the last time i checked. about $90, you can also get them in wide widths if needed.

ROB

We don't have a Cabelas so I guess I'll have to find them somewhere else. What about online somwhere?

Latest posts