work boots?

Help Support CattleToday:

I tried the pricey Red Wings and hated them. Got the Georgia Ranch boots and love them, wear them all summer long. This winter I bought a pair of the insulated Muck boots and they are great!

TexasBred":13ftc2am said:
I'm old and slow but probably half step faster in tennis shoes than boots. :cry2: :cry2:

That's why I get the ones made mostly of ballistic nylon, a whole lot lighter then the equivilent in leather.

I wear boots every day for work and usually wear the same boots out and about. I have not had a pair of wolverines last more than 8 months. I probably went through 3 or 4 pair. The soles wear real quick. The liners wear quickly and the stitching starts to fall apart too. I started buying ariats and have been extremely satisfied with them. They usually last about 18 months for me. Even then they are in great shape. The cushioning is gone though and my feet start to hurt. I don't like dealing with insoles so I usually just go buy another pair.

Walt

tncattle":307cmx2l said:
We don't have a Cabelas so I guess I'll have to find them somewhere else. What about online somwhere?

the last couple of pair i bought came from a local boot shop. i called the owner and he gave me the model #. if you search Wolverine 3850 you can view the particulars and order at a number of places on-line.

ROB

tncattle":4eizt4vl said:
ROB":4eizt4vl said:
my favorite is wolverine's, lace up gore-tex lined with 800mg thinsulate. wear them year round. they are the only boot i've worn that is waterproof. if laced tight you can stand in water deeper than your boots are tall and your feet will absolutely stay dry. the only fault is the soles won't last me more than a couple of years. but even after they start to come apart from the leather uppers-they still are totally waterproof.

ROB

Rob, where did you buy these your Wolverines? This is what I'm looking for, something to wear year round. Wow, a lot of other great info as well!
Here Tn. ..Cabelas.com. Ph# 800-581-4420

For farm work i wear a pair of Justin Ropers and have worn a roper style since i could wear the same size as my Grandad. I got his old ones each Christmas after he got his new ones. They cost around $55 and have been working around here for years but now i have to buy my own.

TexasBred":3kg1ry1g said:
ALACOWMAN":3kg1ry1g said:
if you go the cheap route stay away from justin basics.

I've never found anything Justin made that was comfortable.

This thread is interesting for me , because the first time in my life I have screwed up my foot.
Big time. I have been wearing Justin Boots. For 5 years.

I blew out a tendon on the bottom of my foot, and have had bad heel pain. Went to a podiatrist, and got it fixed quickly. I need to be able to walk. I am very active on the ranch, and with 3 other buisnesses. I also have a hobby that requires a huge amount of footwork. Any way Alot of footwear is made and does not support your foot. Therapuetic insoles will help, especially if custom made.

I wear mucks or mud boots alot to . Just make sure you have the support or sooner or later you will blow. One thing good if you do blow and have a cortisone shot your sex life comes back for a couple days. :D Too bad my wife was in FL. :help: Well now I need a shot in the elbow. :mad: She gets home tommorow. :help: :banana: :banana:

Txwalt":3l5enal1 said:
I wear boots every day for work and usually wear the same boots out and about. I have not had a pair of wolverines last more than 8 months. I probably went through 3 or 4 pair. The soles wear real quick. The liners wear quickly and the stitching starts to fall apart too. I started buying ariats and have been extremely satisfied with them. They usually last about 18 months for me. Even then they are in great shape. The cushioning is gone though and my feet start to hurt. I don't like dealing with insoles so I usually just go buy another pair.

Walt

I have had aritas also and they bdo last longer if you don't get em wet. They take a long time to break in though. I have had alot of different boots over the years and am constantly looking. I like to buy shoes and boots when I go buy a cabelas. They have a ton to offer. I do have a friend who owns the largest online boot co. I think you can try Boot.com. I will look into it and if it is different let everyone know.

Rocky is the only boot that I can get more than a year out of. The others about 6 to 9 months. Now they are made in China. This makes red wing look good even thought they don't last.

LimiMan":xxf1ya36 said:
RedWing...Made in the USA, enough said.

Same here. Redwing isn't the most comfortable boot when you first buy it. Get it wet and they will mould to your foot. They are also made out of boarhide so they last longer. Very good boot.

I own several pairs for the different seasons. I have knee high rubber boots (**** kickers) with 2 buckles for the spring mud, a pair opf georgia work boots for summer and fall and then a pair of insulated boots for the snow and cold of winter. Farmers with boots are like women with shoes we have more than we can count.

I wore wolverines for years, but find they don't last near as long. The last time I bought a pair, I had to return them 3 times because the sole kept coming off within a week, on all three different pairs. They used to last longer, to me at least. i started wearing the Timberlands with the titanium toe. I prefer the toe protection, but since I have store bought knees already i needed to reduce the weight. The titaniums are great and they last me a whole year. I wear mine 10 hours a day 6 days a week in dirt, mud, and just about every condition you could ask for, cept snow naturally.

My husband has worn the wolverine boots for years..but yes like many have said the soles seperate from the boot and after 4 pairs that did that he changed this year to red wings.

don't know where you are in MO, but Rural King in IL carries many of the wolverine boots. The reason we kept buying them is they are comfortable and lightweight, feels like you are wearing tennis shoes.

I think wolverine makes the boots so they wear out just after the warranty expires so you will keep buying boots!

donna

Jovid":2pg0n3bd said:
gerardplauche":2pg0n3bd said:
I just bought a pair of MUD DOGS by Georgia Boots and I love them They are steel toe, rubber bottoms with leather tops, and have the finger holes at the top to pull them on. They set me back $90.00.

I have been wearing Dura Shocks, but the water and mud tears them up too fast.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... 01053-5655

I have the same pair of Georgia Boots and I would highly recomend them :nod: :nod:
TNCattle, Academy Sporting Goods in Nashville has them. 79.95 a pair. I have them and they've held up real good. My 2nd choice for boots, when not in mud all the time is Tony Lama's with the TLX soles.

ALACOWMAN":r27i53ro said:
if you go the cheap route stay away from justin basics.

I agree. Justin Basics may work inside, but don't wear them outside. I went through about 4 or 5 pair before it dawned on me that I could spend a few extra bucks and get more than double the life out of a pair of boots. Leather soles don't hold up to mud and manure. Now I prefer a composite sole, crepe or rubber, even for my nicer boots.

Txwalt":3uj269ie said:
I have not had a pair of wolverines last more than 8 months. I probably went through 3 or 4 pair.
Walt

I've had the same luck with wolverine and georgia boots don;t last me much longer.

I think I've tried every brand of steel toed work boots over the last 25 years, and Carolinas are the best. I would also recommend steel toe boots working around cattle.

Latest posts