Work boots for women?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crazy Farmgirl

Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for some good boots. I have exhuasted the choices I can get locally..I live in a pretty rural area. Have tried a few from TSC but they seem to be more for fashion than function! Tried the shoe stores but they were useless, seems the women working there find it difficult to grasp the concept of "work boot" and "woman" in the same sentence.

I'm leary about ordering online as I have a hard to fit foot (aka little tiny fat feet) Men's don't come small enough, Boy's fit good but have found that like the women's are not made to withstand real work (they look good and that's about it).

I don't have a problem spending good money for quality but prefer to not spend an arm and a leg only to find out they're CRAP!

I'm looking for pros and cons on brands you've tried.

I've tried several brands over the years. Wife has also.

I personally found that the "Georgia Boot" company has some comfortable good fits. They have a website w/online ordering. Also, consider Cabella's. Also, look at Shepler's company.

IMO, the Ariat brand are hard to break-in in the heel area.

Generally, expect to pay $100 to $150 for a good pair that will last 1-2 years (or more).

Good luck!

I practically live in my work boots, steel toed, high topped from the time the snow goes till it comes. A good fitting pair is hard to find. A good fitting womens pair even harder. Boots that do not fit proper make the day long and painful.
i went to Marks workwear house. The sales rep was fantastic. Best fitting work boots ever.
they are... dakota t-max insulation...quad comfort, 7 wide... mc-187803..8000qc-gw...rb-3038
not sure on all the numbers. They are CSA and green triangle SA for electric shock...this might seem like overkill but when working with electric fences all the time, a blessing. Our bee fences are minimum 5000v sometimes 6000-7000 volts going through them. Unless my knees are touching wet ground when opening the fence or placing the skunk guards in front of the gate, I never get shocked...5000v hurt....T-shirt! :dunce:
Marks has an on line store

Gemplers.com has a good selection of all kinds of work boots. Shipping is very fast and prices are great

I do a lot of heavy work and can't find fault with Hi-Tec boots. They are light, durable, comfy, well insulated and relatively feminine. It's an individuals choice at the end of the day, you have to buy something that meets your requirements.

MetBoots.com has about every brand and model of boots there is. Coupon code TUR11 gets you 11% off today only.

backhoeboogie":2906zb3k said:
Isn't this an oxy-moron? "Work boots for women" :D

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Uh oh! I heard that, bhb!

I wear Muck Boots. Not sure about the sizing for a tiny foot, but I like the boot.

Redwings to me are still worth the money you spend on them. I wear a logger type boot mostly when I have a need to walk a lot when ankle support is needed. Wear a pull on type cowboy work boot when I loaf around.

Don't know how they are for women.

LRTX1":32fiskdn said:
Redwings to me are still worth the money you spend on them.
My dad wears them and he wouldn't buy anything else.

I have a pair of Doc Martins mens lace ups. Get them in the smallest size available (I think its 7's), then put in a thick insole. The insole takes up the space your feet do not, so the boots will fit (sales guy showed me that trick, I would not have believed it otherwise). They fit great. I have had them over 3 years so far and aside from having to replace the laces, I cannot complain. They look beat up, but they have held up well and are comfortable. The insole trick will probably work for any mens style work boot.

The in-sole helps.

Aside from that, good luck. I was wearing the Aussie brand Blundstone's then some idiots musta complained that their boots don't fit normal feet... that was three years ago and I haven't had boots that fit since they changed their design. They're the only brand I ever found that did.
Women's boots are cut for a narrow foot, so useless. Better too big than too small and use an insole.

Great value sneakers from Wal-Mart, the craftsmanship is exquisite, and they last and last. Sometimes you can make a pair last a week or more.

Isomade":2c5robrm said:
Great value sneakers from Wal-Mart, the craftsmanship is exquisite, and they last and last. Sometimes you can make a pair last a week or more.

I found that the velcro did not keep them on in the mud and that the manure squished between my toes when the seams gave out! :mrgreen: I resorted to duct taping them on and putting bread bags on over them and more duct tape to secure the bag to my leg! :cboy: Those coupled with my garbage bag slicker and cowboy hat made from Busch Light beer cases makes the perfect outfit for any weather!! :cowboy:

Crazy Farmgirl":tv1xk5gf said:
Isomade":tv1xk5gf said:

I found that the velcro did not keep them on in the mud and that the manure squished between my toes when the seams gave out! :mrgreen: I resorted to duct taping them on and putting bread bags on over them and more duct tape to secure the bag to my leg! :cboy: Those coupled with my garbage bag slicker and cowboy hat made from Busch Light beer cases makes the perfect outfit for any weather!! :cowboy:
:clap: you sound like the perfect woman. :santa:

Isomade":2roniwef said:
Crazy Farmgirl":2roniwef said:
Isomade":2roniwef said:

:clap: you sound like the perfect woman. :santa:

Not quite but I'm so close it's scary!! :lol:

Crazy Farmgirl":1nc0y4cl said:
Isomade":1nc0y4cl said:

We call that Alambama Chrome down here when the boys duct tape their boots together.

Latest posts