With a lot of help from a friend

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Jo has been very helpful and gracious with sharing some of his knowledge when it comes to my new hobby of sausage making and smoking meats. I just wanted to say thanks Jo and here is my latest project a Pork loin ham.

Pork loin into a brine for a few days.

Out the brine out of a water bath with a rub down and tucked into a vacuum sealed bag and back to the fridge for a few more days.

Into the smoker for a few hours.....I stole the design from Jo.. :hide:

Out of the smoker back in the fridge to rest overnight

Two hams to be froze for future use, one ham sliced into sandwich meat and ham steaks

And finally what it's all about....... Sky I forgot the radishes but remembered the cheese. Thanks again Jo for all your help the last couple of years. Alan :tiphat:

I have my smoker running with venison snack sticks today. Same mentor also.
Thanks Jogeephus

I'm glad it turned out to your liking Alan - or more importantly - to your wife's. ;-) :lol2: If we can keep them happy life is good.

Ram, the last sticks you gave me were terrific. That simple box will hold a bunch of meat won't it?

Kingfisher":3ggw8ara said:
What's the fire box like on that smoker? What are the handles for on the side?

The fire box is probably close to what you see in ram's pic, same design on the smoker, simply a propane burner using a cast iron skillet with chips. Although I did switch to a burner with a good quality adjustable system and temperature control is much easier to adjust and control. The handles, well it's heavy, I have it setting on concrete blocks and on the back patio. So it will take two to move it ..... They are simply to aide in moving the house.

ram":xevz852x said:

I have my smoker running with venison snack sticks today. Same mentor also.
Thanks Jogeephus

Okay ram, I now know I need to step up my game! :shock: :lol: :lol: Looks great!

Good students with a great instructor. That looks out of this world guys. ram I assume all those snacks are for Christmas gifts. I'll send you my address. ;-)

Latest posts