Winter Wonderland????

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
We are getting "lake affect" snow with wind, high of 10 F, wind chill about -20.
Here's our group of fall calvers:
SV_-_12-09_snow-wind_1.jpg

SV_-_12-09_snow-wind_2.jpg

SV_-_12-09_snow-wind_3.jpg

You can't see the cattle very well, too far, but I wanted you to see the wind blowing snow. This field had at least 5 inches of fresh snow last night Now it's somewhere in the next county!
(Christmas day PM we got a warm spell with rain - melted all the old snow).

That looks cold!!!! We are at 21 degrees with 30 mph wind and I thought that was cold.

Brrr! Sounds cold. It's cold here with wind blowing. Hubby trying to haul manure. No snow. The snow we had melted. Your cattle seem comfortable laying in the snow.

My idea of a winter wonderland would be some place closer to the equator. That would be a wonderland I could handle for a winter

Dun - you can appreciate these pics - you have the extreme winds - plus you've been in my neck of the woods in the winter - not the most pleasant place.
I do enjoy the winters when the ground is frozen & has about a foot of snow for the cattle to bed down in. Comfy for them to walk also.
Today, it's 20 F with some sunshine - AND NO WIND. Much better!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3doaug4g said:
Dun - you can appreciate these pics - you have the extreme winds - plus you've been in my neck of the woods in the winter - not the most pleasant place.
I do enjoy the winters when the ground is frozen & has about a foot of snow for the cattle to bed down in. Comfy for them to walk also.
Today, it's 20 F with some sunshine - AND NO WIND. Much better!
Yup, that's why I vote for someplace near the equator

just like the weather we've been having lately, but our snow never melted & more is coming with temps only getting to mid teens this weekend again. did get 2-3 inches of rain a week ago, then turned back to sleet & snow. so now we have mud with sleet & snow on top of it.

Latest posts