Winter is here

Help Support CattleToday:

Your barn is just like mine; mine has a few subtle differences. Just to give you an idea, this pic is not mine, but very similar.

Beautiful outdoor pics - but the INDOOR one of your cattle - priceless!
How do you feed the hay? is it big bales and you roll them out, or squares & you fluff them up? Do you have to fork the hay up closer later in the day, so they can reach it? GREAT barn set up.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Beautiful outdoor pics - but the INDOOR one of your cattle - priceless!
How do you feed the hay? is it big bales and you roll them out, or squares & you fluff them up? Do you have to fork the hay up closer later in the day, so they can reach it? GREAT barn set up.

We just put 12 round bales of 58 inch by tractor and remove the net. We are good for 4-5 days (84 cows), we past with the tractor to push them closer 2-3 times total and finish with a fork.

TexasBred said:
Wow I love that barn. What about inside the barn. Is there concrete under the sand/bedding.
Inside the barn with cell phone pics from the barn cameras.

Barn is on concrete, we put 4-5 inch of sand and 1 inch of peat moss to begin. Each week or 3-4 days we add a small amount of litter, we alternate the peat moss with chip wood when it's cold. (Peat moss does not work well when it's too cold)
Barn is 134' X 60', 9 calving box 12' X 14'. Built in 2001, we wash and disinfect each year. Calving in January- February.

I 😍 that!!!
I tried to put a Christmas sweater on my mini horse first snow day. I thought aww...this would be a cute picture. I chase that gosh darn mini round and round. Caught her tried to very nicely talk her in to putting on the sweater...she was like nope not today f this I'm out. Lmao. She did wear the coat thing.

We don't have a barn so I let her stay in our garage. YES the Chevy set outside for her stay in the garage. Still we have come a long way from hood haybails. 👏🏼🙌🏾😤

Latest posts