Winter Garden

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":38901l2g said:
Jogeephus":38901l2g said:
I'm not fertilizing. Completely organic. Its been dry till now. Sprouts are small but big enough to pick a few. Average is about the size of a piece of bubblegum.

I still use the old school 10-10-10 I don't have enough organic matter to use in my gardening. It has been fairly wet and rained atleast once a week since they were planted so thats my guess. How long have yours been planted?

I'm not against conventional fertilizer I just have about 32 tons of cow manure in the garden and didn't want to burn it. Rain is probably the difference.

gotcha... yea we got 2 inches or rain today i cant believe how much rain we have been getting. I wish i had 32 tons of horse manure in my garden

same here I got so much curly kale and curly mustard as well as old fashion mustard and collards growing out my ears lol

Kathie in Thorp":2jaint81 said:
Y'all drive me crazy. 12" of snow on the ground now. Low temp today was 10, and high was 25. We won't put tomato plants in till end-May.

LOL sorry I would take the 12" of snow anytime u want to share lol.. can we trade veggies for snow ? dag end of may wow... where are you located?

skyhightree1":1o48vsmu said:
Kathie in Thorp":1o48vsmu said:
Y'all drive me crazy. 12" of snow on the ground now. Low temp today was 10, and high was 25. We won't put tomato plants in till end-May.

LOL sorry I would take the 12" of snow anytime u want to share lol.. can we trade veggies for snow ? dag end of may wow... where are you located?
Skyhightree, we are roughly 100 miles east of Seattle, at the bottom of the Cascades. I'd love to trade veggies for snow and crappy roads, but don't think that would probably work very well with shipping. We are just really getting into snow season here; first dump was before Thanksgiving. We are not far off I-90 - 5 people killed on the roads here last week.

eww.. sorry to hear that... The snow would give my garden a good soaking I honestly don't think it would hurt anything as long as it didnt stay on the veggies for a long time... we have had some really heavy frosts and they seemed to like it. I love snow we rarely get any here anymore.

This is a true winter garden. I tried to pull a turnip for dinner was frozen had to kick it out the dirt lol

ResizedImage_1359240375325.jpg

Today i join this community because i read this community more than tow day's now i finally decided to join it i hope i will get most of useful information from here..

LOL Kathie this weather we are having is crazy all the rain brought everything back for the most part but all my cabbages are busted or rotted.