Windows Vista

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Looking to get a new computer pretty soon. All of them seem to come with Vista now. Anyone use it or have any likes/dislikes/issues?

Thanks
cfpinz

I don't personally have any knowledge of it, but the people that I've talked to say that it's not real user friendly. I didn't ask how or why, 'cause once I hear "not user friendly" I'm over it.

Alice

We have it on our new computer. It all depends on how much you do on it. I basically do pictures and browse the net. But I do know that if you get a new program, you need to make sure that it will run with vista. That is a big problem, as I almost always forget to make sure when I buy a new program. It just takes alot of time to get used to it. I know that I probably didn't help awhole lot but I thought I would give my 2cents!!

;-)

We have had a whole host of problems with Windows Vista at work because it doesn't "talk" to our programs we run...

I can't give you specifics but the computer guys at work hate it... and since we have an entire department of computer guys, I trust them.

The computer guy here at work told me to get XP if at all possible. The bugs haven't been worked out of Vista yet.

Your :compute: might turn into a :mad: :help: kinda situation

I brought a new computer a couple months ago I couldn't find anything but Vista. I don't have any problems with it, I had cattle max software on my old computer that had windows xp and loaded the same program on new computer. no problems

i dont liek vista they really copied macintosh in it. i like xp better than vista, seems to have alot less problems but i will still stick to my mac cause no viruses or spyware :lol:

I have Vista and for the most part I really like it. I have the media edition and it makes things like making movies, dvds, photo albums really simple. The interace for dealing with pictures is really easy and I really love that. I had to download a few fixes before my printer would work or my digital camera but those were simple fixes.
What I don't like about it is that if I use Vista to make a CD of photographs or songs they will not play on my CD player in my vehicle or work on any of the photo computers where I get my pictures developed. The only fix is to get a seperate program to do ths stuff with. That ticks me off.

c farmer":37e041rw said:
I brought a new computer a couple months ago I couldn't find anything but Vista. I don't have any problems with it, I had cattle max software on my old computer that had windows xp and loaded the same program on new computer. no problems
Ditto - the beef cattle fIRM worked on my Vista - I actually like it better than XP :compute:

Be prepared to have to update a lot of your software. Also, you may not be able to use older printers, scanners, etc. I run XP but have been doing some work on a family members new computer. We find Vista to be slower than XP. I plan on avoiding Vista for as long as I can. However, I guess I would get used to it if I used it long enough.

New computer 2 months ago, would of cost me 400 more to get xp on it. I upgraded to vista business or something like that. as far as "vista" goes, when you have spent umpteen years with a windows system, the changes made in vista, take a while to get used to.... it is the same but different scenerio.... ;-)

I did not have to worry about upgrading software so I am unaware of that aspect.

Michele

Time and again I hear the admonition "Stay with xp until Vista gets better"
Here's another angle though. If I can get Vista installed on a new computer which is going to last 5 yr, should I not take it versus XP? I'll get upgrades for free, I hope, and if I have XP I'll have to pay for Vista at a later date?
I hate learning new software, but aren't there some $ involved here?
I know just enough about computers to be dangerous to myself.

john250":3oefur8q said:
Here's another angle though. If I can get Vista installed on a new computer which is going to last 5 yr, should I not take it versus XP? I'll get upgrades for free, I hope, and if I have XP I'll have to pay for Vista at a later date?

Why would you have to upgrade? Unless you get some superduper new software, most of it will still run on 95 or 98. That said, I'm looking to upgrade 98SE to 2000. 40 bucks vs 150. Got a new monitor that isn't supported with drivers for 98.

john250":nj17bell said:

I'll get upgrades for free, I hope

Famous last words...

Alice

My new computer (last year's Christmas gift to myself) came with XP. As part of the package, I was entitled to Vista when it came out in Jan. or Feb, just had to request the disc. Still operating with XP, too many things that won't interface with school's computers if I switch to Vista, plus I haven't talked to anyone with Vista that liked it yet.

dun":3cs3i7ip said:
john250":3cs3i7ip said:

Why would you have to upgrade? Unless you get some superduper new software, most of it will still run on 95 or 98. That said, I'm looking to upgrade 98SE to 2000. 40 bucks vs 150. Got a new monitor that isn't supported with drivers for 98.

Can you still buy 2000 from Microsoft? I thought it was off the support list. I guess if you are good or have good help you can make that work. I'm all in favor of saving money. $110 is still real money.

john250":3jlsiftx said:
dun":3jlsiftx said:
john250":3jlsiftx said:

Can you still buy 2000 from Microsoft? I thought it was off the support list. I guess if you are good or have good help you can make that work. I'm all in favor of saving money. $110 is still real money.

Or local computer store still has a copule of copys

Got a new Laptop little over a month ago and it has Vista on it, for most part I like it. I not tried any old hardware/software with it, that what most of problem is. My BIl installed it and allot of things he had would not run on it. I would check to make sure the programs/hardware you will be using will work with Vista.

Latest posts