* The solution, in a nutshell, is to disable your firewall. If you’re using McAfee Personal Firewall Plus, F-Secure Internet Security, Norton Internet Security or another Firewall vendor, see its respective support page for assistance in disabling it (temporarily). If you’re using the built-in Vista Firewall, keep reading.
* Open the Control Panel and select Security.
* Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
* Select Off (not recommended), click Apply and then OK.
* Back at the Windows Update screen, click the Try again button.
* The download(s) and installation should start…
* and this time successfully install. If a restart is required, make sure to re-enable your Firewall once your PC restarts.
* Though this solution will work for most Vista Update errors
1. Click Start and then type notepad in the Start Search box.
2. Click Notepad in the Programs list.
3. Copy the following commands, and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUWEBV.DLL /S
REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL /S
REGSVR32 MSXML3.DLL /S
1. In Notepad, on the File menu, click Save As.
2. In the Save as type list, click All Files.
3. In the File name box, type register.bat.
4. Save the Register.bat file to your desktop.
5. Right-click the Register.bat file, and then click Run as administrator.Collapse this imageExpand this imageIf you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
If anyone else gets this problem, its easy to fix, go to the Microsoft website, type in the file number in search, then download directly from this website. Windows released these 3 updates on 10-13 and has had nothing but problems with them, they tend to not automatically update, and once you download the first one, they have a list of the others, so its just simple to download them too. Restart the computer, go back into windows update Center, click on new updates, and the file will automatically download and update from here.
You don't have to be a computer tech to do this fix.