New Windows 8 Computer

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
I got a new Windows 8 laptop a month or so back. I still have a Win 7 laptop and a Win 7 desktop. I have got multiple malware infections on my new Win 8 machine. All of them have popped up while I was on CT. That could be a coincidence. I have never had a malware infection on the Win 7 machines.

Has anyone else had malware issues with Win 8?

I'm still running XP on all of my computers. Every once in a while I will get a windows notification that something was blocked. I've never looked to see what it is since it's already been blocked. The funny part is that malwarebytes doesn;t block it XP does

I also have a laptop at home with Windows 8 (and I hate it with a passion, but that's a different discussion), and haven't noticed any problems with malware. And I don't have any after market virus protection. I've been told by several computer people that the anti-virus that Windows provides with Windows 8 is as good as anything you can buy.

Rafter S":3vm4y3xs said:
I also have a laptop at home with Windows 8 (and I hate it with a passion, but that's a different discussion), and haven't noticed any problems with malware. And I don't have any after market virus protection. I've been told by several computer people that the anti-virus that Windows provides with Windows 8 is as good as anything you can buy.
I was the same way until it kept hitting me. I installed Malwarebytes.

Download avg anti virus for free. It has protected my windows 8 from virus'

Latest posts