Window tint on cab tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Redgully said:
jltrent said:
I know it does not cover for a full tint, but a good sun visor and sunglasses help. Also wash out the condenser in front of the radiator. If it has never been cleaned recently wash out the coils on the evaporator also. A lot of people like to run the AC with a window open on the tractor or a dirty cab as this will stop up an evaporator quick and reduce cool airflow.

Get these to clean out good in hard to reach places......

http://www.radiatorgenie.com/Radiator_Genie_p/rg1001.htm

One thing we discovered is you can adjust the fan on the evaporator, if you get it really close to the fins it works a whole lot better. They are usually factory set for cooler climates especially if a European make.
Good info.....thanks

jltrent said:
I know it does not cover for a full tint, but a good sun visor and sunglasses help. Also wash out the condenser in front of the radiator. If it has never been cleaned recently wash out the coils on the evaporator also. A lot of people like to run the AC with a window open on the tractor or a dirty cab as this will stop up an evaporator quick and reduce cool airflow.

I will add cabin filters to that list. Most tractors from the mid-late 90s have them. Replace and keep them in good condition.

On some of these new tractors, it is a day's job to pull the seat and clean the evaporator. Ask me how I know.

Atimm693 said:
jltrent said:

I will add cabin filters to that list. Most tractors from the mid-late 90s have them. Replace and keep them in good condition.

On some of these new tractors, it is a day's job to pull the seat and clean the evaporator. Ask me how I know.

What make and model tractor?

True Grit Farms said:
Atimm693 said:
jltrent said:

That was on a Case Maxxum 110.

Remove seat, pull up the floor pad, remove trim panels behind seat. Evacuate A/C, go under the tractor and disconnect evaporator and heater core lines under the cab. Remove plastic ducting and then take out the bolts that hold the HVAC assembly in. Remove from tractor, disassemble, clean, rinse and repeat.

On the older stuff you can just take the roof panel off. Not too bad with a helper.

True Grit Farms said:
Atimm693 said:
jltrent said:

On the Kubotas I am familiar with the evaporator in overhead. Take the top off the cab lay over the side without unhooking the lines and wash out. There will be more dirt in the coils than one will think restricting airflow.

Oh crap my Kubota air vents are in the console instead of the overhead. I'll probably have to disassemble everything to clean the evaporator like a Case?

True Grit Farms said:
Oh crap my Kubota air vents are in the console instead of the overhead. I'll probably have to disassemble everything to clean the evaporator like a Case?

Pretty sure you are safe TG. AC is still in the roof on our M5-111.

Red Bull Breeder said:
True Grit Farms said:

Pretty sure you are safe TG. AC is still in the roof on our M5-111.

Thanks RBB, that's great news. Our Kubota is a little herky - jerky but we haven't a single problem in 2k hours.

jltrent said:
Redgully said:
jltrent said:

One thing we discovered is you can adjust the fan on the evaporator, if you get it really close to the fins it works a whole lot better. They are usually factory set for cooler climates especially if a European make.
Good info.....thanks

Just re read my post, i stuffed up, i meant the fan on the condensor. Could not believe the difference an inch makes.

Redgully said:
jltrent said:
Redgully said:
Good info.....thanks

Just re read my post, i stuffed up, i meant the fan on the condenser. Could not believe the difference an inch makes.
Usually the condenser is in front of the radiator. The fan overhead is close to the evaporator as it blows air through.

jltrent said:
Redgully said:
jltrent said:
Good info.....thanks

Just re read my post, i stuffed up, i meant the fan on the condenser. Could not believe the difference an inch makes.
Usually the condenser is in front of the radiator. The fan overhead is close to the evaporator as it blows air through.

Ours is a red dot and mounted on the cab roof with the hoses running down to compressor run by the engine. The engine is air cooled so may be why they did it this way. At first we were really dissatisfied with it and a few people looked at it and said all working as it should. One day we had a local guy out and he pointed out the fan needs adjusting, the difference was amazing and kind of justified our thinking. Up to that point we started feeling like we were just complaining about nothing.

Redgully said:
jltrent said:
Redgully said:

Ours is a red dot and mounted on the cab roof with the hoses running down to compressor run by the engine. The engine is air cooled so may be why they did it this way. At first we were really dissatisfied with it and a few people looked at it and said all working as it should. One day we had a local guy out and he pointed out the fan needs adjusting, the difference was amazing and kind of justified our thinking. Up to that point we started feeling like we were just complaining about nothing.
If it works that is all that matters.

Redgully said:
jltrent said:
Redgully said:

Yep, that's why.

Liquid cooled tractors have a cooler "stack" in front of the fan, which is non adjustable. A/C condensor is usually first, then hydraulic/engine oil coolers, and the radiator is last. Some tractors have an intercooler in there as well.

Usually if the condensor is not getting enough air, both high and low side pressures will creep up, especially the high side.

Atimm693 said:
Redgully said:
jltrent said:

Yep, that's why.

Liquid cooled tractors have a cooler "stack" in front of the fan, which is non adjustable. A/C condensor is usually first, then hydraulic/engine oil coolers, and the radiator is last. Some tractors have an intercooler in there as well.

Usually if the condensor is not getting enough air, both high and low side pressures will creep up, especially the high side.

I've seen this, on our truck the condensor got blocked and cooked the compressor from causing it to overwork. Was just grass seeds and crap.

jltrent said:

That is very expensive for a piece of copper tubing and one fitting. Most cheap blower ends unscrew and you just add the fitting and tubing. Press the tubing around a piece of pipe to get the bend you need.