Will you , won't you ??????

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Canada started their nation wide H1N1 flu vaccines yesterday . They want all high risk people to get it first like the elderly, pregnant women ,children and then healthy people to get theirs in 2-3 weeks. The vaccine is free for everyone even those not in the high risk groups.

Hubby and I are really debating whether to get it, we never get flu shots and stay relatively healthy .. I just do not know what to do..

Have you gotten yours ??????

Will you get yours ?????

Excluding certain exceptions I think if you are a healthy adult there is no reason to take the vac. I know a couple of people who's kids had it. They bounced right back after 3 days.

Walt

Nope.

Nope.

Although, Sunday I wasn't feeling all that great. Headache, scratchy throat, more congestion than normal. Went to bed early, got up early. Took a nap yesterday afternoon while it was raining. Feel fine today. Probably be fine now till spring sinus infection season.

Nope. I think this past year I've already had this flu thing a couple times, and I've gotten through it fine. All this hype about the H1N1 vaccine and past reports has got me a bit skeptical about it all, so I'm not even going to bother going to get a flu shot. I've never even got a flu shot, never really needed it anyway. Besides, what's our immune systems for anyways?

I've already had the seasonal flu shot. I'm in the low risk group (healthy and old), so, no, I probably won't get the H1N1 shot. The worst at risk seem to be kids. My cousin teaches 34d grade at a rural elementry school here in OK. Over the weekend the superintendent of schools called to tell her one of her students was in ICU, not expected to live. By Sunday evening she was "stable", so hopefully she'll be OK. Cuz said the girl seemed fine in school on Friday. I saw a woman on TV who had lost two children to it. The boy died first and the girl about a week later. Everyone is different and it will affect some worse than others, but if I had a young child, you can bet I'd have him first in line for the shot when it's available.

I had the seasonal flu shot last Wednesday. I will get the H1N1 vaccine if it is offered, I work around too many funk-y people. I don't want to bring anything home to mine. I don't know that I will have a chance unless public health gets in vaccines (Co employee's can use public health for this kind of stuff) ~ the dr's in town are reserving theirs for pregnant women and children, and they are out till mid Nov.

Another healthy young boy just died from it. The virus went to his heart and he suffered heart failure. It happened very fast.

Ontario teen Evan Frustaglio died of swine flu: update
Posted: October 27, 2009, 11:10 AM by Mary Vallis
Health, swine flu, health care, ontario, h1n1
Tributes are pouring in for Evan Frustaglio, the 13-year-old Mississauga North Stars player who died Monday after contracting the H1N1 virus. Toronto Public Health confirmed the boy's death from the virus this morning.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... 44172.aspx

I think we are going to get the vaccine, hubby thinks it's a good idea because I had rheumatic fever in my early 20's. I will not wait in line for 10 hours for it though.

Angie I just heard on the news that BC correctional staff are up in arms because the government wants to vaccinate inmates first especially at risk ones, before any of the staff. :?

Now that makes sense.. :roll:

hillsdown":z75ebvnp said:
Angie I just heard on the news that BC correctional staff are up in arms because the government wants to vaccinate inmates first especially at risk ones, before any of the staff. :?

Now that makes sense.. :roll:
Sounds like Justice for Criminals is as alive and well in your country as it is in ours. :roll:

You are darned right that I would vaccinate all the prisoners in a prison. We (the taxpayers) are on the hook for all of their medical expenses. Since they live locked up in cramped quarters a virus could run wild in there. Prison is like a big confinement hog farm, stuff travels through the whole populace there. Just the bill for one of them in ICU would cost more than vaccinating the whole place.

Brandonm22":15cq3wzd said:
You are darned right that I would vaccinate all the prisoners in a prison. We (the taxpayers) are on the hook for all of their medical expenses. Since they live locked up in cramped quarters a virus could run wild in there. Prison is like a big confinement hog farm, stuff travels through the whole populace there. Just the bill for one of them in ICU would cost more than vaccinating the whole place.
My thoughts exactly.

we talked to a nurse that works in the drs office today about the swine flu shot.an she said no 1 in the office was going to take that shot.because they didnt know what it would do.an they didnt trust it.

bigbull338":2aglglsx said:
we talked to a nurse that works in the drs office today about the swine flu shot.an she said no 1 in the office was going to take that shot.because they didnt know what it would do.an they didnt trust it.
It will immunize against H1N1. You should go back and tell the nurse. :D

Latest posts