Will a pour-on parasite control be effective on long haired

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have two Scottish Highland cows and I've just bought Ivomec pour-on parasite control. Will it be effective even though my cows have long coats?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

My clients with Scottish Highland cattle prefer injectable ivomec because they feel that the pour-on burns or discolours the hair along the topline. They refuse to try any of the newer products so I can't comment on those. The drugs do penetrate the skin as long as it reaches it, so pour along the part, or create a part along the topline. <br>V
<br>

[email protected]

<br>: I have two Scottish Highland cows and I've just bought Ivomec pour-on parasite control. Will it be effective even though my cows have long coats?<p>The reps for Ivomec here in Texas tell me that this pour on is actually absorbed by the hair first. On Hereford cattle I have never observed any discoloration of the hair along the backline with Ivomec or Eprinex. Might react differently in other parts of the country. I really like the results of either product, applied correctly at the right dose, the right time of year and that may depend on where you live.<br>Mike.
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts