Wild hogs on lease

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":3uld0brp said:
It takes a joined effort to even think about slowing them down. Traps, rifle hunt, dogs, helicopter... I don't mean finding jo-blow off the street, invest in people who know what they are doing and you can trust.

No joke, I have dented the fire out of them but it is a full time job. Clay pigeons, diesel and corn work well as well a 22 on every vehicle and gut shoot every one you see. Also learn to build large hog traps that catch the whole herd not these little traps that catch a few. Bait them in for a few weeks letting them go and come use a game camera when you see that they are all feeding in the trap unlock the gate to spring. Next morning a box of CCI stingers and a Browning ATD cures that herd.

I see signs of hogs around my place but I never see the hogs. Do they move around in the daytime much or mostly at night? What would be the best way to get a shot at one of them?

ga. prime":10kg6w0f said:
I see signs of hogs around my place but I never see the hogs. Do they move around in the daytime much or mostly at night? What would be the best way to get a shot at one of them?

Bait an area or find where they hang out. Get a $100 game camera (Stealth Cam) and put it up. Pattern them and hunt. :D Doesn't take any thing special.

We can bait them in Oklahoma it is legal . BUT if Ilived where it was not legal I might have to weigh the cost what is cheaper the fine for baiting or the damage the hogs can do. From a landowners view maybe not someone leaseing land to hunt. Yes I know people don't always look at things the way I do. I would do what ever it took to start getting rid of them and if push come to shove we would hash it out in court. I get tired of some gov. wildlife person telling me what I can or can't do when it comes to damage control I had a beaver problem but all the good ways to trap beavers is not legal in Okla. so what do you do just let them keep draining the lake pay a few thousand to fix it so they can drain it again, don' t think so !!!bought me some of them good traps and beavers are no more a problem!!!

Latest posts