Hogs

Help Support CattleToday:

It is so hard to fathom that these hogs just run loose and produce so many, so often. I know it is true... but just not something we see around here... THANK GOODNESS for that...

Looks like you are greening up there pretty nicely.

It is so hard to fathom that these hogs just run loose and produce so many, so often. I know it is true... but just not something we see around here... THANK GOODNESS for that...

Looks like you are greening up there pretty nicely.
That's rye grass and crimson clover planted in that pasture.
Bermuda grasses are just now getting to growing .
Bahia is waiting on the night time temperatures to get above 60 degrees consistently.

I know it was a different thread, but how did the doctor appts go?
Actually I feel better now than I have in a long time.
Rheumatologist started me on Enbrel a month ago and has shut down all the inflammation.
I still have issues from Ankylosis Spondylitis but this has stopped the progression of the disease.
Now I can get on my soapbox about how we are financing the worlds medicine.
This is criminal what our politicians have done to us.
Enbrel in the USA is 15K a month for my insurance, it's 400 a month in Canada and less than that in Mexico.
I won't go any farther here as this is richer than three feet up a bulls ass In politics.

Actually I feel better now than I have in a long time.
Rheumatologist started me on Enbrel a month ago and has shut down all the inflammation.
I still have issues from Ankylosis Spondylitis but this has stopped the progression of the disease.
Now I can get on my soapbox about how we are financing the worlds medicine.
This is criminal what our politicians have done to us.
Enbrel in the USA is 15K a month for my insurance, it's 400 a month in Canada and less than that in Mexico.
I won't go any farther here as this is richer than three feet up a bulls ass In politics.
In Mexico and Canada, lawyers do not advertise: " Have you or a loved one taken ( name of drug)? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Call the law offices of Dewey, Phukum and Howe........" Most people don't understand that companies do NOT pay corporate taxes, government fines and fees, the crippling costs of healthcare, union wages or multi-billion dollar class-action lawsuits. The consumers do.

Last edited:
These got in the hay patch that is hog fenced, my son and grandson got all but two smaller ones, they found the hole in time not to get shot.
Sorry S.O.B's.....
Real good shooting... I cannot imagine having to live with that menace..... we would never get any hay made since more than half is made on rented ground of "free" places.... and I cannot imagine trying to "hog proof fence" the hayfields/crop fields on the farm....
God bless you guys dealing with that in the "further south" areas than we are in....

Must have been some fast and furious shooting.

Ken
Always is I got eight one morning running across the pasture, I ran out of ammo in my Model 92. That 44 mag holds ten I missed twice, rolls them like getting hit by a semi.
You have to start on the back and work up or they will scatter like quail.

Sorry S.O.B's.....
Real good shooting... I cannot imagine having to live with that menace..... we would never get any hay made since more than half is made on rented ground of "free" places.... and I cannot imagine trying to "hog proof fence" the hayfields/crop fields on the farm....
God bless you guys dealing with that in the "further south" areas than we are in....
Here is a hayfield picture for you.IMG_1563.png

Need to pack a rifle in the tractor. They don't seem too worried about it.
Tried you never have it when you need it.
You switched tractors and it's on the other one.
You do have it and after the first shot it sounds like sand paper when you cycle it.
Don't even think semi automatic in this Sandy country.
I have a Henry 22 mag that looks like it was used in the civil war!
It's been dropped ran over you name it and has taken out more pest than anything on this place.
You just have to pick a rifle to sacrifice, trust me it gets broken down and cleaned regularly.
I have spent a fortune on rifle scabbard's, getting one that really protects the rifle the hogs are gone before you get it out.
There is no easy answer here except poison IMO.