Wild Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

I used to work with a guy named Ross that did some cowboying when he was younger, catching wild cattle for folks among other things. He said one time a man called him about a good sized heifer he couldn't get in the pen. Ross met the man at the pasture, and the guy got in the truck with him. The man showed him the heifer. Ross asked what the man had in mind, and he replied that he'd like to just sell him the heifer for a good price. Ross said that sounded good to him. Then he said "Just to make sure, we have a deal, right? That's my heifer?" The man agreed, so Ross reached behind his truck seat, grabbed his 30-30, laid the heifer down, and started field dressing her. I just wanted to throw that out as an option when you can't catch them any other way. They can't outrun a bullet.

Rafter S":3md3cnml said:
I used to work with a guy named Ross that did some cowboying when he was younger, catching wild cattle for folks among other things. He said one time a man called him about a good sized heifer he couldn't get in the pen. Ross met the man at the pasture, and the guy got in the truck with him. The man showed him the heifer. Ross asked what the man had in mind, and he replied that he'd like to just sell him the heifer for a good price. Ross said that sounded good to him. Then he said "Just to make sure, we have a deal, right? That's my heifer?" The man agreed, so Ross reached behind his truck seat, grabbed his 30-30, laid the heifer down, and started field dressing her. I just wanted to throw that out as an option when you can't catch them any other way. They can't outrun a bullet.

About 15 years ago, my uncle sold off his whole herd. They were able to get all but 4, of his 350 head, penned and sold. The ones they couldn't get up, they tried and tried for a month. Finally, 2 of were shot with a tranquilizer the remaining 2 were shot-dead on the spot, field dressed and hauled away.

Brute 23":z70u143p said:
Caustic Burno":z70u143p said:
This is another one of those threads where you should have to pass a test to purchase bovines. Failing the IQ test and stupid taxes are always costly.

We need a Ten Commandments of Cattle.

1. Thou shalt not turn thy cattle out of pens until thy know he can catch them again. :lol:

2. For Angus enough cattle panel required to put all belly deep stock tanks in the pen.

Latest posts