Wild Cherry Trees

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
How long are they toxic/deadly after they've been cut? Cows are getting close to some tree piles. Mainly cedar and walnut. I am going to assume there are some cherry trees in the piles too.

They were cut the first week in June. Everything is brown. Should I fence around them and hit that spot next time?

How long are they toxic/deadly after they've been cut? Cows are getting close to some tree piles. Mainly cedar and walnut. I am going to assume there are some cherry trees in the piles too.

They were cut the first week in June. Everything is brown. Should I fence around them and hit that spot next time?
If they are all completely brown and not in the wilting phase, you should be ok. If there are even just a few left that are wilting I would fence around them.

Should be fine after a week. Set the piles on fire and finish the job. The burning cedar will finish drying up any cherry that might still be there.